• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Prayer please

One day I noticed how amazing of a husband he is and I had this overwhelming desire to share him with another woman so she could be loved the way he loves me!
I can relate. When you feel so blessed you want to share.....it's a good starting place.

And now here we are praying God will present someone.
He sure can and probably will. He wants people in happy loving secure relationships.

I will continue to pray for you both!
And I will also be praying for them. It is quite a journey....but so very worth it! The blessings that go with caring for and actually showing real love to each other....in a world in which so much love has waxed cold. It is truly manifesting the kingdom of God. It is humbling too. The way I handled a situation in our community caused one women to tell me I might convert her. It is only the love of God that we share. But it sure feels like touching heaven.

Perfect love casts out fear. Women really need to be secure. Once she is you can walk through anything together. Love her through her growing pains. Don't let her emotions pull you off of being strong. Look to your head for guidance. He hears and answers prayers.

Thank you all once again for your prayers! We reconciled SIGNIFICANTLY quicker than I expected, although it got worse before it got better. We discussed it more in depth and she accepts that it is biblical although she's not sure it's meant for this time period and wants nothing to do with it. I did follow the advice on not bringing it up myself, she poured out her heart and her questions about it herself. @PeteR 's video on objections to polygyny helped some, so I am thankful for that. I do and have believed (since I learned the truth about marriage) that it's not proper to pursue it if she doesn't want a part of it, because we were both unaware of the truth before we were married. I told her if God changes her heart on the matter then we can pursue it, otherwise I'll simply defend biblical truth when necessary but leave it at that. It's all in the Lord's hands now. God is good.

PS: I know there's disagreement about whether she should just submit to the idea whether we knew the truth beforehand or not but I see it as a failure in my own knowledge and leadership to not have been able to present it to her before we were married. I guess the approach would differ between different men and their leadership styles and whatnot.
I can’t remember which sage said it but it was someone here and someone brilliant; “the most important step in having a second wife is keeping the first one.”

Keep it going and expand on the logic: if one can't fully thrive without one woman, how can one thrive by adding a woman into the picture?

Be careful, because most of the kneejerk reactions to that argument risk becoming arguments that men are dependent on women but don't argue that women are just as necessarily dependent on men.

Back