• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer Request for my unemployment

sweetlissa

Real Person
Female
As most of you know I have been struggling with my job for a long time. A few weeks ago I posted that I thought I would lose my job but didn't. Well, now I did, a week ago. So now the entire family is unemployed and my unemployment compensation is pending because, of course, my former employers are fighting that.

I believe I will get my unemployment, eventually, but it will be less than half of my previous wages.

There are lots of things going on in our family. I can't talk about all of them, but I do hope everyone will pray for us as we go through our trials.

SweetLissa

"Lord of heaven and earth this trial is a hard one and it is testing our sister and the family I would imagine. Help us all to pray and yet let us also look for ways in which we might be able to support this family in other ways. Lord Jesus please open a door up for employment, provide the needed funds, place the right people in the right places by your absolute sovereign decree to bring the aid, and Lord most of all in this time please I beg of you to reach down and touch the hearts of this family so they can have peace of heart through this trial. Place some extra friends around them to hug them and hold them and to encourage them. By your Spirit move upon them and God as the Spirit would you comfort them in a special way to such a degree that they let the stress go and find total peace in you as they trust you. Sometimes, many times, it is just so hard in our finite self to trust you. Help them O Lord to do that and in that provide for them. In Christ's name I pray, Amen."

Also see my pm to you

We'll be praying for you and daPastor, Lissa. Trying times, but Help is on the way!

sweetlissa said:
As most of you know I have been struggling with my job for a long time. A few weeks ago I posted that I thought I would lose my job but didn't. Well, now I did, a week ago. So now the entire family is unemployed and my unemployment compensation is pending because, of course, my former employers are fighting that.

I believe I will get my unemployment, eventually, but it will be less than half of my previous wages.

There are lots of things going on in our family. I can't talk about all of them, but I do hope everyone will pray for us as we go through our trials.

SweetLissa
The job of my "co driver" is open. Is there someone in your family that could fill it? That goes for everyone BTW. Take a number and wait.

Next available number....?

.....one....

Sweet Lissa,

Prayers are on there way to your family.

Blessings,
Michelle

Lissa and Da Pastor,
Chaplain and I are praying for you both for employment and the other areas in your life.. We are here for you if and when you need. Call anytime. We have two extra bedrooms but the dogs have to go outside with ours. Where they can fight over who has mastery of the yard.. lol.. Keep the faith like have been...
Hugs and Blessings,
Chaplains Rose

Definitely, praying for you and your family. I know how difficult things can be at times with employment situations.
Liz

We are praying for your family Lissa! We understand the situation all too well :?

I'm always here to vent to if you need me!

Much love to you my dear friend!

The Unemployment caseworker was speaking to my boss last I heard, on Thursday. They are still arguing against my receiving benefits. They will make a decision tomorrow and I have already requested my first week of benefits. The whole situation is just so ugly.

SweetLissa

UPDATE:

It seems that I have to appeal the decision to deny my Unemployment benefits. Thank you for continuing to pray for us.

SweetLissa

Like I said, I don't know if anyone in your family could or would drive a truck. I have a job as a "second seat" open, if anyone wants it. Truck driving is a lot different than you might expect. Driving alone can be hard, driving with someone better in most cases. A man as wise as Solomon said this:
Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

But seriously....

I am not a CDL driver and I have been told that my vision (blind in my left eye) precludes me from getting a license. I am not sure how it would be to be a wife with an over the road trucker, but Hubby doesn't have a license either. Funny thing is that when I was younger I wanted to be a truck driver with a purple truck.

SweetLissa

Well, we have purple trucks, but mine is blue. Just a thought. I was thinking perhaps your husband might wish to consider it. The offer is open to anyone who can survive the classroom process at my employer, and who then wishes to drive the truck with me. The latter might be the more difficult of the two things to do. :twisted:

Sweet Lisa,

Not sure if you or hubby would be interested but CSX is always hiring conductors and this is a job that can be handled by a male or female. We have a lot of female works. You can go to CSX.com and look up the locations they are hiring at and maybe one of them willbe next to you. I know we just hired 10 in CHarleston, S.C. I will be praying that all things work out for you and your family. I was drawing unemployment once and it took me a couple weeks to get it started so I know how you feel.

Good Luck & God Bless You

James

Back