• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

prayers for a lonely heart

Jennifer

Female
I am feeling a bit down trodden tonight. I am not at liberty to share details on a public forum because of the nature of my hubby's work. However, I will say a lot of changes are coming up soon and I keep thinking, it's times like this that I wish I had a sister wife. I have to face reality that my hubby may not find a second wife. It's hard enough to find a first spouse! Could you pray for peace in my mind and heart. If it's God's will, he will find someone and if not it will all be okay.

Life is funny like that. Some families breaking up because he is adding another wife, and yet some families have a place all ready and yet a wife is not found (yet). It is true that there seem to be far more couples looking than are finding. And, yet God promises us that if we seek we shall find. Does that apply to finding a sister wife? I am not sure. I am sure that it does apply to finding God's will for your life, and for your family. That if you seek it you will find it.

Lord,

Please reach your arms around Jennifer and give her the comfort and assurance that can only come from you. Give her a preview of the peace that is beyond understanding that you promise to us. Let he know of the tremendous victory that we have in you, a victory that is not a possibility, but a certainty. And help her husband face the work issue with courage and conviction and the knowledge that whatever happens, whether good or bad, that you can use it for good. That when we are with you we are always in the right place.

In the name of Jesus I pray,
Amen

<HUG>

Last edited:
I will definitely pray for you and your family Jennifer. It can be just as hard to find a family to join as the second or third wife as it is to be the family looking for the second or third. There are so many different factors to consider. Please know in your heart that you have found the right place to be.

Bobbie

I remember crying one day when a friend I only knew online showed me more understanding and grace then my sisters in law or any christian I knew in real life.

Her comment was to the effect that my desire for a sisterwife was not any different TO HER then someone else looking for a husband or wife, as I was just looking for someone I felt was missing from my life/family. (I say it is a slightly different thing since I am not interested in having a sexual relationship with a sisterwife)

But just that degree of acceptance touched my heart in a big way.

I am praying you find peace and that YHWH provides grace and strength for your journey. I know He has for mine. I am still waiting to learn the complete reasons He has brought us to this understanding of marriage, but trust that He does have a plan......and it's better then any I could imagine.

((hugs to you))

Jennifer, Don't get discouraged and don't let Nathan. From everthing I've been told, that's when things get rushed and mistakes made.

Our most compasionate and loving Father. May we glorify you with our lives and follow in the foots steps of Yeshua. We are thankful for You, Living and Sustaining Ruler, Who is the redeemeder of our souls. Your faithfulness is great. L-rd we ask that Jennifer is strengthened against the trials that are imminent and the distant unseen ones that hide in the shadows of change. We also ask you to constantly remind her of your promises and your intentions for her. "
For I know what plans I have in mind for you,' says ADONAI, 'plans for well-being, not for bad things; so that you can have hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11 Adonai we ask that You keep her and Nathan in the Palm our Your hand. We ask throughout the trials that they'll endure, You give Jennifer a sense of peace that allows her to to be drawn closer to You and her husband. Father G-d, You know the uneasiness and the anxiety that can come from change. You know that anxiety and fear are the result of our fallenness, and a way for the advasary to attempt to prevent us from truly living in freedom. Adonai, we need you to instill a calmness and bravery in the heart of Jennifer. Give her the strength to trust that if it's your will her family will grow it will happen, to keep trusting and submitting to her husband and to run to you first and foremost. Help her to cooperate with Rauch Hakodesh, follow its guidance and prodding throughout the process of change. In Yeshuas name we ask this of You, Amen.

Last edited:
I hear you Jennifer. I am not married, yet I too feel I have had a "calling" I am praying and waiting and sometimes feel so very alone. I know there is a family looking and praying for me just as I am praying for them.
Be patient and know God is preparing you all for the coming together. I find myself in a constant state of prayer. I know you will find the one to join your family. So will I.
Shalom

You know, YHWH knows everything we need and want. It seems such a simple thing to say and think, well of course He knows everything, but that means more than you think. It means that he sees into the future too. He knows where we are now, where we will be, where a SW is now and where she will be. We have to wait on Him, because maybe He knows that the SW isn't ready yet, or maybe He knows what's coming around the corner for you and that having a SW isn't the right thing for you right now.
Having faith is hard, and it feels like you're not really 'doing' anything, but it's the best thing that you can do. He has a plan, and it's the perfect one for your family.

God says he gives us the desires of our hearts, I've never seen him fail in this, ever. Help your husband search, on line will be your best bet and not on poly sites. I found my 2nd on a christian dating site that my 1st set up for me. Yes a sister wife is VERY helpful when challenging things occur, I didn't imagine us losing a child, ever, but im greatful for the support of the two ladies when it did. I don't know how we'd have handled it with just the two of us. 3 strands are not easily broken!
May Gods Blessings be given to you both. Amen!

Jennifer, in the midst of your concern, anchor your soul in the Rock of Ages so that you can stand in prayer for your husband as he bears the load at work and as the Adone of his home. I've lost track of how many times I've clung to Psalm 61:1-4
1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.

2From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

4I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

Please take a few minutes to listen to this song. I've sung it many times and it's part of my personal testimony. As I searched for it on youtube so I could share it with you, my Lord let me find it with the 1st click. As I listened once again, I was in His presence and worshipping because of the truth in this song.

ok something just occured to me as I sat re-reading this post and some of the answers. There is a gospel song that My biological father and I share in common. This was his favorite song when he was alive and it became mine in the end as we would sing it together every night before he passed. The Lord certainly does work in mysterious ways and even when we think he has not answered a prayer or listened to our calling him, we need to realize that he has. He may not have given us the answer or the solution WE wanted but he gave us the answer HE wanted us to have. Consider the Lilies expresses this in just that way. My thoughts are that we should trust in The Lord that he will take care of us, our only concern should be to serve him (others). Just as the prophet, apostles, and other priesthood leaders and full time missionaries throughout the world are asked to trust in The Lord and serve; he will protect us and sustain us with our temporal needs. We are all important to him, we all have a purpose and like the lilies of the field we should just focus on that not worry about how we will survive or work so hard/toil to stay "alive". He knows what we need, if we follow the Holy Spirit, the Lord will provide the rest. Same goes with PM. God knows what and who we need, just serve HIM and others and HE will provide the rest when the timing is right.

I remind myself of this daily.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see how many folks enjoy the Southern gospel genre. Me like too.

Oh, dear ones, if we could ever accept HIS love into our broken worlds!!! Women try to find it in men. Men try to find it in women. Children need if from their parents because they are so totally dependent up them. A baby or young child can do nothing for themselves. We are to come to Christ as a child. He DID hang the moon, and the stars, the whole blessed universe with one word! He IS our fortress, our rock, the daddy/mother eagle, and we can run to Them, if we just will. Ground your hearts in His love and then TRUST!

Back