• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pro Poly article I found online.

Lengthy lol, I didn't manage to finish it. The stuff about polygamy is good, but then he kind of gets on his high horse and has a bit of a rant about the church and things. Some worrying bits:

(The monthly menstruation is the curse to remind women, monthly, that it was her that caused God’s beloved Son to come to this world to have to suffer, die, and shed His blood, and why she is to remember, monthly, that her darkened, confused mind is not qualified to guide her own life, or others. She must rely solely on the Word of God for guidance.)
Love how he just plucked this idea out of thin air and not the bible :roll: . As a woman I am not offended, I'm pretty sure he's too nutty for me to take offense at anything he says. And here in lies the problem doesn't it? Good poly article, ruined by some nonsense that just turns people off.

Satan’s doctrine is abortion, birth control, killing, pulling the plug, homosexuality, lesbianism, masturbation, oral and anal sex, which is considered sodomy. All of these can never bear children, and cannot keep the command of God to “be fruitful and multiply.”
Part truth, part false. It frustrates me that this view is pushed by Christians. I believe it's a Catholic thing, sex can only make a baby. What if I'm already pregnant, may I ask? Can I give my husband a blow job then? :shock:

Had a good lol at how it's signed off too,
Praise the Lord. May God reward you abundantly. Yours in the wonderful name of Jesus,

Pastor Tony Alamo

Tony Alamo is probably the greatest patriot this country has ever known.

A few further concerns from me. He does a good job of listing the polygamists of the Bible and showing that polygamy is never condemned. However his general theology around polygamy is actually very concerning in places.
I, Tony, just as Paul and the twelve disciples of Jesus, was not called into the ministry by man, but was divinely called, supernaturally and directly called by God Himself. ... Jesus said to Paul, “For I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee” (Acts 26:16). Jesus appeared before me also for the same purpose, and I am proud of it.
"Believe everything I'm about to tell you, because I'm a prophet of God, and He told it to me." Not a good start. God does speak to people like that, certainly. But if someone thinks they've got to start out claiming all this for people to believe them, it immediately raises suspicions about the actual message they are going to say. In practice, it is only cults that feel they have to make such claims. True Biblical teaching stands on its own two feet without such claims.

So, why are men allowed multiple wives but women not allowed multiple husbands, according to him?
The woman was man’s equal before the crime, the sin, the transgression, the fall. But, after the fall, God makes it extremely clear that the woman is not equal to the man anymore, but is under subjection to her one and only husband (Colossians 3:18, I Peter 3:1). She is to be totally dominated, ruled, through and by the godly man through the Word of God (positively no more equal rights, ladies).
No, patriarchy is not God's way of punishing women for being evil. Patriarchy is God's way of providing for women because He loves them. It is not a punishment that started at the fall, but rather Paul explains that it was instigated at the very creation of humankind, with Adam being created first (1 Tim 2:13), and Eve being created both from Adam, and for Adam (1 Cor 11:8-9). Paul also points to the temptation of Eve as confirmation of this (1 Tim 2:14), but it is NOT the reason for patriarchy, because the scriptures are very clear that patriarchy was established before the fall.
So Eve disobeyed God’s command and took, ate, and died, and was the cause for everyone else in this world to have to suffer and die.
Actually,
1 Cor 15:21-22 said:
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Although Eve sinned first, Adam is the one that takes the blame. Why? Because he was her head BEFORE the fall, and it was his responsibility to keep her safe and out of sin, and to not be led into sin with her if she did sin.

This article comes across as very oppressive towards women. The author goes to great lengths to stress how terrible women are, this is a good chunk of the article. I am concerned that it isn't a very big step from the position taken in this article to condoning abuse of women in the name of God. And sadly some polygamists do just that, and it is well publicised, so this sort of article just reinforces the view of the public that polygamy is all about oppressing women.

Finally:
Satan’s doctrine is abortion, birth control, killing, pulling the plug, homosexuality, lesbianism, masturbation, oral and anal sex, which is considered sodomy.
So many Christians get all their rules about sex and marriage from what their church has always said. Then they realise polygamy is ok, because the Bible never condemns it. But they then persist with believing every other thing they are uncomfortable with is sin also. Yes, the Bible condemns killing and homosexuality. But where does it condemn masturbation or oral sex? If we're going to say "polygamy's ok because the Bible never condemns it", we need to actually be consistent in our logic and apply the same reasoning to every similar issue. But it's much easier to just keep believing "that must be a sin because mummy said it's wrong, and I think it's icky".

As good or bad as the article may be, I would ask you please not to use it as a qualified reference. Tony Alamo is now serving a life sentence for ten counts of child trafficking, rape and underage sex with a minor. One of his 'wives' was eight years old.

The guy is a moonbat.

Doc

DocInKorea said:
As good or bad as the article may be, I would ask you please not to use it as a qualified reference. Tony Alamo is now serving a life sentence for ten counts of child trafficking, rape and underage sex with a minor. One of his 'wives' was eight years old.

The guy is a moonbat.

Doc

:shock:

wow
don't shoot the messenger
i take it this was simply put out there as information, just an article, you take from it what you wish.
just my little opinion
@Hisfeet

FollowingHim2 said:
As a woman I am not offended, I'm pretty sure he's too nutty for me to take offense at anything he says.
I stand by my comment.

mary@Hisfeet_9 said:
wow
don't shoot the messenger
i take it this was simply put out there as information, just an article, you take from it what you wish.
just my little opinion
@Hisfeet
Didn't think we were shooting the messenger? Just commenting on an article that was worrying. Like I said, some of the polygamy stuff was good.

Mary, nobody is criticising Paul for posting this here. Doc's just saying to not use it as a reference when working out what to believe on this issue. I'm actually glad he posted it.

This shows that an abuser can be spotted through their theology. Sarah and I had no idea about who this Tony Alamo guy was (we're not in the USA so haven't seen him on the news), yet we could spot immediately that his theology was seriously dangerous from this one article, and I went so far as to suggest it could lead to abuse. Turns out we were right. This is very good to know.

So, don't use this as a reference, and don't cite it to anyone who is impressionable. However, it's a good read nevertheless to see how to spot dangerous teachings. If you see anyone else preaching something similar, be very cautious about associating with them. Polygamy attracts both upright people and nutcases. We MUST be able to spot the difference BEFORE they abuse anyone, not after.

For folks that know both Paul and myself, you will know that I wasn't criticizing Paul. He's not as crazy as a moonbat.

:D

Doc

I enjoyed reading the discussion of the article, thanks for doing all of the heavy lifting (reading it) for me.

i have long felt that the poly part of YHWH's plan is so important that the enemy is drawing some real nutcases to it in order to discredit it. super-patriot tim is looking like a prime example.

Back