• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Problems or pitfalls people know about

Red4252

Male
I post this and it may already have been done. But as I didn't see it I figured others and my self might be willing to post there own experiences to help others avoid the same snares we have had. So I will start this off.

We had a experience with a few ladies, Who lead you on and at the last second back out or cold stop. I like to call them (fishys). Just do to them liking the idea but I would assume afraid of the life changes it might cause.

The other case we had we got her to our place just for a weekend and she was not the same person she claimed to be. She apparently did not back up my wife when I was not around as she had two kids and when I was around she got onto them when I said no. This to me was not ok do to family having to be one unit when one of us says no we all say no. I believe kids push boundaries all the time but it's up to the adults to say hay that's a line we don't cross and not have someone come in and say it's ok there not around. What's your storys?

I'm not going to tell someone how they should look for another wife, but finding someone who is a total stranger to you may be troublesome. Just be careful.

I don't have a second, but the one that almost was, was very close to us. Even with that relationship, she got cold feet and couldn't pull the trigger. Its probably more common than you know.

Would you marry a first wife that you only knew for a couple of weeks? Do the same due diligence for a second wife that you would for a first.

There are lots of scammers (please send me money for a plane ticket!) and crazies out there.Polygamy seems to attract them.

I have seen lots of catfishing: people with fake online personnas. Remember you know NOTHING about someone until you meet them in person. Up until then everything about them could be fake, even their sex. That pretty college girl that has dreamed her whole life to be in a plural marriage may just be a bored or lonely 45 year old guy. Even after you meet them in person, lots of people can maintain a fake personality for a long time.

Lastly, it is very dangerous to invite someone to come and live with you. If it does not work out you may not be able to send them packing. You may have to evict. Imagine how awkward that would be.

Even if everything is above board, engage your mind before you heart.

First wife can often be a useful screener. She can see things that you can not. Just like when your daughter brings her guy home. You may have a different perspective than the daughter. Wife perspective can be the same way for you.

Would you marry a first wife that you only knew for a couple of weeks? Do the same due diligence for a second wife that you would for a first.

There are lots of scammers (please send me money for a plane ticket!) and crazies out there.Polygamy seems to attract them.

I have seen lots of catfishing: people with fake online personnas. Remember you know NOTHING about someone until you meet them in person. Up until then everything about them could be fake, even their sex. That pretty college girl that has dreamed her whole life to be in a plural marriage may just be a bored or lonely 45 year old guy. Even after you meet them in person, lots of people can maintain a fake personality for a long time.

Lastly, it is very dangerous to invite someone to come and live with you. If it does not work out you may not be able to send them packing. You may have to evict. Imagine how awkward that would be.

Even if everything is above board, engage your mind before you heart.

First wife can often be a useful screener. She can see things that you can not. Just like when your daughter brings her guy home. You may have a different perspective than the daughter. Wife perspective can be the same way for you.
Nice!

Back