• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prostitution, war and poverty

I find it interesting that everywhere Jesus went it seems that He did 3 things

1) He slammed the religious authorities of the day
2) He would test those following Him with hard sayings to see who would stay
3) He changed the reality for those cut off from the Temple and fellowship with God by physical or spiritual imperfections.

When you examine His ministry, it was all about restoration.

An honest whore is far superior to a dishonest church lady.

Agreed 100% Well said!

A repentant one who has gone and sinned no more would be even better, though perhaps not as desirable as a chaste virgin to us.
Luke 7:42,43 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave the both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
This analogy was in response to a Pharisee thinking to himself that Jesus should have known that a woman from the city, who was "hamartolos" (Strongs 268. Pre-eminently sinful, especially wicked, stained with certain definite vices or crimes) should not have been allowed to touch a honest upright man, let alone a prophet.

As the one who must give account for everything done under my covering or tent, I admit that to bring a serial fornicator or abortioner under my covering knowing that I must then give account for her is sobering. In truth, it makes me feel like the pirate captain as he tells the cabin boy, Bring me my brown pants! And yet, isn't that what Christ did for us? That He, who knew no sin, became sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God IN Christ.

I found it interesting when I was studying the Jewish Feast Days, specifically Yom Kippur, Day of Atonement, that the Jews to this day regard a wedding as a personal Yom Kippur. It is in effect a courtroom. Whatever has happened before that day is considered to be in the past, never to be remembered.

A man who would bring such a sinner under his covering will undoubtedly be held accountable by God from what I can tell from Scripture. We all know that there will be a courtroom someday. The question in my mind is will God consider me justified for being like Christ, or will my own 'righteousness' be counted against me because I failed to be an advocate or a restorer of the waste places for one that my Master brings me to steward?

Does love truly cover a multitude of sins?

1 Cor. 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like † manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise † also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, † † despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

It seems as if there is a common thread OT and NT concerning fornication and fire! So what are we to do about it? Is the best course of action to stand clear so that we are not associated and smell like smoke?

Jude 1;22-25 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Now unto him that is able to keep you † from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and for † †. ever. Amen.

Yes of course, but I would be more careful of serially new creatures than serial adulteresses. An honest whore is far superior to a dishonest church lady.
Oh snaps! That one stings!
But you know what? I heartily agree.
What did you put in your coffee today?

1 Cor. 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like † manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise † also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, † † despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

It seems as if there is a common thread OT and NT concerning fornication and fire! So what are we to do about it? Is the best course of action to stand clear so that we are not associated and smell like smoke?

Jude 1;22-25 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Now unto him that is able to keep you † from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and for † †. ever. Amen.
Totally agree about the fire and punishment, and that is why we want to bring them out of that lifestyle. If they stay in it, they will receive their punishment in this world (disease, trauma, abuse, etc.). They will also receive their punishment in the world to come (eternal damnation) without coming to the knowledge of the truth.

I think of these women like the demoniac in Mark 5. They are bound in chains of sin, mutilating their flesh, held captive by the spirits of sexual immorality. But once they come to Jesus, he casts that out and they fellowship with him in their renewed minds.

And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
19Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, andhath had compassion on thee.
20And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great thingsJesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.

How awesome it would be for those women to not only testify of salvation and restoration by Jesus himself, but then testify to others that an earthly Jesus (patriarchal husband) has considered them clean and worthy of his household! Wow! Talk about a testimony for redemption and the model of a true biblical family.

Kind of my thoughts though I can't say that I'm just dying to be that example if the truth be told.
IF I was convinced it was required of me of course I would be obedient. 'Not my will . . .

Kind of my thoughts though I can't say that I'm just dying to be that example if the truth be told.
IF I was convinced it was required of me of course I would be obedient. 'Not my will . . .
I'm not looking to either, but just imagine if you find a sweet, innocent-looking, modestly dressed young lady in your congregation. She is single, shy and a little awkward. Your family invites her to lunch, so on and so forth. After some time, the Spirit begins to move upon you and you begin to see her as a potential SW. You talk to her about your beliefs in PM. You can see she is interested, but then she looks a little depressed. Before things get too far, she feels compelled to reveal this sordid past. What do you do? Pray earnestly. Like you said, "not my will..."

just imagine if you find a sweet, innocent-looking, modestly dressed young lady in your congregation. She is single, shy and a little awkward...Before things get too far, she feels compelled to reveal this sordid past. What do you do?

Please forgive my bluntness, but in this world, a 'sordid past' is no longer even an eyebrow raiser. But the question, I contend, misses the major Scriptural point, too.

The average 30-yr-old TV-educated, Publik Skool Indoctrinated SJW Snowflake has probably given more You-Know-What's and had more “partners” than most ladies of the evening would've considered good business during previous economic downturns. How many women over the age of 13 and say, under about 55, outside of previously long-married divorcees, don't have a 'sordid past'?

Was she “whoring”? Does it REALLY matter if dinner and a movie was enough, or did some minimum dollar amount (adjusted for inflation) have to change hands directly? :eek:

The Biblical usage of the term for “tzanah” is closely associated with the idea of paganism, and luring men to worship “other gods”.

If she has tattoos that look like something from a music video, there's a clue. (Sorry, wish I was kidding. The “Death Worship” motif is without question demonic, and very much in opposition to “choose life! Sex is a without question a major enticement to idolatry.)

But if a woman is truly interested in studying Scripture as Actually Written (and being open to what it really says about marriage is a “necessary, but not sufficient condition,” as us engineers and mathematicians would say ;) ) and has made “tshuvah” – she's not only on the Right Track, but far ahead of the vast majority out there who have “chosen that in which I do not delight” (Isaiah 66:3-4).

There's obviously far more to a decision. But knowing what I do now, I'd be FAR more concerned about making sure she has the appropriate "get" (sefer keretutah -- so as not to risk adultery) than what she received in compensation for previous liaisons. ;)

I agree that the sexual revolution has victimized women more than liberated them, but promiscuous sex is not prostitution.

I am not an expert, but prostitution almost always involves hard drugs, violence, extortion, organized crime, abuse, and on and on.

That's a whole other ball of wax than your run of the mill disco, weekend, party girl.

One example is going on in Venezuela, extreme inflation and poverty is forcing many mom's to do it and survive. Many of these are good moms who live for their kids. Venezuela is a miss universe winner and has beautiful looking ladies. Too bad more men don't go there and provide for some.
We have friends in need there, is horrible how their money does not buy them almost any food. Minimum wage is about 5 dollars a MONTH as of a few days ago.
So, many are desperately trying to survive.
If you just give a family a few dollars a week, they can survive. Anyways, most people never hear about this through our controlled media.

Back