• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Protocols and procedures?

Hisdaughter

Real Person
Female
I was wondering what you ladies do when you are upset with your husband's. For whatever reason you feel he is being unreasonable or unfair? Does your family have a set way you handle it? Do you just tell him? Yell? I am just curious how each of you deal with that type of scenario?
Note: I am assuming everyone here practices patriarchy? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong?

I normally wait until we have a quiet moment together, in the bedroom usually, away from children. Then I tell him what I'm thinking/feeling about things.
Sometimes I've been known to yell, but that's usually at a point where I have absolutely lost it and I've been trying to keep it down for a while. Which isn't ideal, but I'm not perfect.
And it also depends on what it is. If Samuel doesn't have all the information, then I'll let hime know that. So for example, maybe he's telling a child that they're not allowed on the computer, and that is unfair because I've already told that child they could go on as a reward for something. But he's not aware of that situation. So I'll tell him that in front of the kids and then he'll usually back me up if I said it first. I don't yell at him or anything, but it's not something I feel we need to have a quiet conversation about.

Well in my family.. My husband always trys his best to be the best husband to us that he can be but if we do end up having a problem..Me and my sisterwife are always aloud to bring up a problem we have to my husband. Yelling or being disrespectful is not allowed but he is very kind to always hear us out and talk us through our problems even if the problem we brought up is unreasonable. He will also change what he's doing tho if he sees that its not unreasonable to do so. We love our husband. He's pretty great :)

First off, I try to evaluate why I’m upset. Am I tired? Overwhelmed? Feel like I, or one of the kids, have been unfairly treated? Then I work from there. If I’m tired, hormonal, grumpy, etc. I’ll normally tell myself that I’m over reacting (cause let’s be honest, I probably am) and I need to pray, put my big girl panties on, and change my attitude. So, if I'm upset over something that warrants me speaking to my husband, I'll speak with him privately. I've always tried to never bring up an issue in front of the kids or anyone else. My husband wants me to come to him with issues. He wants me to be submissive and respectful but that doesn't mean he wants a timid little mouse that never tells him what I want or how I'm feeling.

But, I'll be honest and say that since embracing biblical submission I haven't had much to be upset with my husband about.

I was my dad's favorite....in some ways. Something I didn't wish for and felt a bit guilty about. I was also close with my mom in ways my sisters were not. Maybe it was just because I was the oldest?

My folks divorced after 36 years when I was married with several children. I love and appreciate both my parents, but there were issues in their relationship that made me want something different for myself.

I always wanted a husband that was head of the house. I expressed that before we married and have never changed my mind. That said the relationship I had with my dad, coupled with my ignorance of how to be a good wife to my hubby who has a different personality and expectations made for a lot of learning things the hard way.

I have done so many things wrong.

Of course my acts of willful rebellion are relatively minor compared to some, (I washed canning jars one night after being told not to do more dishes. Seriously) but the cost in peace and the toll on the relationship are just as felt.

Even this year, just a few months ago I messed up about as bad as I possibly could and expressed a very sharp negative view of my hubby in front of the children.

We all live and learn. Working through the hard stuff can be rough. I appreciate how relevant so many discussions here are....even (and especially) those that convict and inspire me to a better walk.

This fellowship here is the closest thing I know to what a church should be. This helps me show up in my real life and be my best.

Thanks to all of you for helping make this site what it is....and the owners for ministering to this part of the body of Christ.

I was wondering what you ladies do when you are upset with your husband's. For whatever reason you feel he is being unreasonable or unfair? Does your family have a set way you handle it? Do you just tell him? Yell? I am just curious how each of you deal with that type of scenario?
Note: I am assuming everyone here practices patriarchy? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong?

I generally don't have much reason to be upset with my husband. Honestly I get more upset with myself than I ever get upset with anyone.

I generally don't have much reason to be upset with my husband. Honestly I get more upset with myself than I ever get upset with anyone.
Ditto that for me....but then when I'm not happy he feels like I'm giving him a cold shoulder. Makes for an interesting time of it.

Back