• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

PTSD and parents of autistic children

Elijahsfire

Male
I first heard about this maybe a year ago but have perhaps been actually experiencing this for a while. Parents of special needs children often have the symptoms of PTSD and I can attest to this. Ive learned to cope more as I became more aware of what was going on and that was not me just getting old and jumpy, grumpy, and nervous. My wife is working through this even more and even just wrote an excellent paper for work on this very subject (maybe share later if she wants to share) and might I add a much more indepth review of the subject.
And and as a side note, if it is God's will for our "lady in waiting" to join us I just want it to be a blessing to us all and I'm being about as vigilant in prayer for my wife, family, and her as possible. She is one the meekest and innocent people you could ever meet and has had a built in compassion for autisitic children because of one of her own family members. I just pray to not complicate things even more but to perhaps lighten the load and ease the pain a little.

https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2009/11/10/autism-moms-stress/6121/

I first heard about this maybe a year ago but have perhaps been actually experiencing this for a while. Parents of special needs children often have the symptoms of PTSD and I can attest to this. Ive learned to cope more as I became more aware of what was going on and that was not me just getting old and jumpy, grumpy, and nervous. My wife is working through this even more and even just wrote an excellent paper for work on this very subject (maybe share later if she wants to share) and might I add a much more indepth review of the subject.
And and as a side note, if it is God's will for our "lady in waiting" to join us I just want it to be a blessing to us all and I'm being about as vigilant in prayer for my wife, family, and her as possible. She is one the meekest and innocent people you could ever meet and has had a built in compassion for autisitic children because of one of her own family members. I just pray to not complicate things even more but to perhaps lighten the load and ease the pain a little.

https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2009/11/10/autism-moms-stress/6121/
In the past my wife, eshet-chayil specialized with autism and integrative treatments. That clinic closed down so she's not doing it any more but she spent a couple days there a week for quite some time.
PM me if you want to discuss anything maybe she has some ideas you guys haven't thought of before?

In the past my wife, eshet-chayil specialized with autism and integrative treatments. That clinic closed down so she's not doing it any more but she spent a couple days there a week for quite some time.
PM me if you want to discuss anything maybe she has some ideas you guys haven't thought of before?

Thank you! I appreciate that!

Back