• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Public Opinion...

Scarecrow

While polygamy has become more and more acceptable in the eyes of the general public, stories like this continue to feed the ignorance of the general public:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44879341/ns ... nd_courts/

They make it sound like a jail break for her to leave the group, and so many people will have that impression of polygamy.

One of the things we can do is leave comments on articles like this one that allow readers to comment.

Scarecrow said:
They make it sound like a jail break for her to leave the group, and so many people will have that impression of polygamy.

When it comes to the Warren Jeffs group, it can be like a jail break. Unfortunately, that branch of "Poly World" has given us all a black eye when it comes to public reactions. The general public already has a skewered impression of polygyny thanks to Warren Jeffs & Co. They have been the proverbial poster children of polygyny for decades now... I genuinely feel sorry for any woman caught up with that group. I'm not sure the article is the problem here.

Willie Jessop is another issue entirely....I find his sudden disassociation with Warren Jeffs to be disingenuous.

Yes, Jessop is positioning himself as the new prophet of the FLDS. Jeffs is still officially the leader, if by de facto only. A 'new revelation' is about to come out any time, mark my words.

Back