• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Question: Choosing Single Motherhood Versus Joining a Family

There is lots of situations on why a woman is a single mom. I don't think many women dream of growing up and becoming a single mom. There could be reasons like spouse died, bad marriage, one night stand, etc. Lots of men tend to leave once they find out there girlfriends are pregnant lots of teen fathers do this. My mom was a single mom and never dated growing up because she was so busy working full time and taking care of 2 young children any free time she had was spent with my sister and I.
Women need to be careful about who they let into there children's lives. You hear all the time on the news about women's boyfriends hurting children. A child with a biological mother who is living with a man who is not the child’s father is 33 times more likely to suffer abuse.

They may not dream of being a single mom (no male in their lives), but many I have known see the prospect of being an "unmarried mom" as a benefit. Free agency is so much more attractive to them. Sorry if that's harsh, but it's true for some ive known.

If the inseminator is not appealing, they wait for Mr. Right until later.

Lots of men tend to leave once they find out there girlfriends are pregnant lots of teen fathers do this.
Those aren't men but immature little boys. It's important that we fathers teach our daughters to value themselves uphold Biblical principles and not accept a boy in the hopes of making a G-d fearing man out of him. It won't work. It's just as important that we teach our sons to value good Christian women, uphold Biblical principles and what their responsibilities as head of their house will be. This is the only way I see how to deal with the issue of Single mothers.

Last edited:
Ok if someone said this sorry I have slightly kept up. But I believe part of the problem lies in media aka tv shows shows men as weak, dumb, comical, or useless or worse yet a deadbeat at this point or a mix there of. Also weman are shown as strong independent and the better half in all things. Very few shows go the opposite way. Even fewer a normal home. Then tack on government encouraging a single life style for a woman and government aid out ur ass. As they like to put it there's a war on woman. So they been given more weapons and ammo you could say. I think the attacks on Christans is also apart of this because we are made to look like villains. But that's my thoughts and what's your opinion?

I watch very little in the way of sitcoms. Ever since Married With Children, it seems every new sitcom is determined to show a buffoon for a father, or a completely dysfunctional family where the children are the sources of rationality.

It's definitely something to think about.

While I agree with everything said, I’m gonna tell on myself and say that Married with Children was my favorite sitcom back when I had time to veg in front of a tv. I think because it portrays Al in a hyper negative light to the point of being unbelievable. Shows like Tim Allens Tim the Tool Man Taylor, I despised even though it was “cleaner” and more family friendly because it portayed his ineptness as being normal, contrasted with Al Bundy’s ineptness as being hyper-hyperbole.

While I agree with everything said, I’m gonna tell on myself and say that Married with Children was my favorite sitcom back when I had time to veg in front of a tv. I think because it portrays Al in a hyper negative light to the point of being unbelievable. Shows like Tim Allens Tim the Tool Man Taylor, I despised even though it was “cleaner” and more family friendly because it portayed his ineptness as being normal, contrasted with Al Bundy’s ineptness as being hyper-hyperbole.
I'm going to have to go back and watch some more Tool Man (whatever it was called). I seem to remember his bumbling childlike traits, but I also remember still seeing him as the definite father/leader of the family. I'll have to check on that.

Otherwise, good observation about Al Bundy. His character was more absurd than believable, but I just feel like it opened a gate that allowed for more believable fools.

You may be right. Thinking back, I personally never got the impression that it was a serious effort to portray that, mostly because everyone in the show was portrayed equally retarded except Buck.

Back