• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Questions for Second (or 3rd, 4th, etc) Wives

southernphotini

Female
I am trying to be very thoughtful, mindful, and prayerful about this journey.

Beyond the basics, what are things you want to know about a woman joining your family?

Her heart, her intentions, her dreams...

Her expectations and desires regarding the relationships with both the husband and other wife(wives)?

The way your post is phrased it sounds like you're asking the first wife. Could you clarify who you are wanting to hear from?

The way your post is phrased it sounds like you're asking the first wife. Could you clarify who you are wanting to hear from?
Oh, I can't edit. Sorry, I should have phrased that better.

I'm mostly interested in feedback from first and/or existing wives.

It depends on the family dynamic and the personalities involved. Just ask the hubby about a sit down and don’t rush or force it. That could cause a lot of damage.

You’d want to deep dive into her core values. If she’s a Christian but goes out clubbing then that’s a serious red flag; and I wouldn’t risk adding her into a family unit already built. Also want to build up attraction, and getting to know you before dropping multiple wives. Then you want to invite her into your household, so she can see how you’ve managed it. And you can see how she gets along with the current wife. Then if all things go well, Lord willing, the husband still should get permission from the girl’s father for marriage.

Back