• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Reading Gender Specific Posts

sweetlissa

Real Person
Female
This is my opinion about reading and posting in the gender specific posts. We would be silly to think that an "honor" system would keep us honest. It is pure curiosity to see what the other side thinks about and talks about. So I hope that everyone understands that as they are posting. We don't need to name names and be specific to talk about our concerns. The part I would like to see is that if someone reads something offensive in a gender specific board, they need realize that they shouldn't have been reading it if they are easily offended.

I admit I have read the men's topics. It gives me some insight into what goes on in their minds. I know that men read the women's postings.

I know that dapastor posted there, but only as a board announcement that he put in all the sections. I don't think it is appropriate for men to participate in women's conversations. I don't think it is appropriate for women to get into men's discussions. But I think that as grown ups we can all forgive and let live. I didn't realize until just yesterday that I could go to "active topics" and go to any topic without realizing that it was a gender specific board.

Anyway, I think that for the most part, people are respectful of other's privacy.

Lissa

I didn't realize until just yesterday that I could go to "active topics" and go to any topic without realizing that it was a gender specific board.

This is an excellent point, Lissa.

I just recently discovered the "active topics" link, and have found that it in general is the way I now prefer to browse the board. I do recall at least once thinking about posting a response and then finding to my surprise that it was somewhere I shouldn't be posting. :eek:

(I now assume from the other discussions that no software interlocks would've saved me from that embarrassment. :oops: )

I have had the same problem. I went to unanswered post and accidentally posted in the womens forum. I felt bad afterward. But I have found those links to be a fairly easy way to keep up on relavant topics.
Just so you know I do believe that there should be a divsion of gender on this site. I am just appolgizing for my failure to adhear to it.

I suggest we keep honor system at this point. Know that some amount of cross-reading is expected, but let's keep it "don't ask, don't tell!" - so if your wife posts in the Women's section, and is really honest, and it doesn't necessarily make you look, or feel, good - no fair giving her a hard time about it! You gotta ignore it.

If we accidentally cross-post, just go back and delete it when we figure it out (or get a PM from someone). Everyone can delete their own posts (I think?), or us moderators can at least.

If the ladies ever tell us they want their own really private forums, with login protection, even for reading - we could set that up.

Thank you for saying that Nathan. I would hate it if someone thought they couldn't post about something because their spouse might read it. Also if you really want private you can PM.

Sweerlissa

We have a simmular system on our Churches forum. There is a womens section where the women can post and ask questions as well as on the rest of the site. but there is a Church doctrine section where women can only ask questions. So basically only the women are restricted on what they can post and where. Thought the men rarely post on the womens threads out of respect and not regulation.

Back