• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Rebellion

i most heartily join you in that prayer that it soon becomes a reality. :D

Lisa,
While your husband is away working, you have to assume most duties as the head of household. I imagine it's just a matter of handing over the reins when your husband gets back. I imagine that is easier said than done. I also pray that you are able to stop working outside the home. It was hard at first for me, but one of the best things that my husband ever made me do!! For with God nothing will be impossible...
Much love, AnneMarie

Wives of deployed soldiers have this problem all the time. It is one of the hardest things about military life.

Lisa, I hope you will spend much time in prayer regarding this. Resentment sneaks up and then becomes bitterness. I would hate to see you bitter at hubby (or worse) because he took a job that would support his family. The fact that even being disabled, he is able to bring home a full paycheck is something to be grateful for. There are several families on this board whose husbands are OTR truck drivers. They would probably be glad to help you get through the adjustment period, if you want. But being grateful for God's provision is a great place to start.

Wife of a future trucker
SweetLissa

Back