• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Refined BF Women

windblown

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Hi everyone! I need to write this before the retreat high fades into the rigors of daily life. It is a thought I had on Sunday and would've shared to the whole group but I thought I would have the chance to tell just the ladies as I am not one to normally speak to a mixed audience . Unfortunately we didn't meet separately again. So here goes...

After chatting with new and familiar female faces at the retreat, I was struck. Biblical Families women are amazingly beautiful! My former rebel self would've balked, "why would these men want more wives?!" Then I realized their beauty was a direct result of this exact reason. It's a spiritual beauty that permeates their whole selves. These women are beautiful because of the work they have had to do within themselves.

While I was still on the fence about polygyny, my husband told me that regular (anti-poly) Christian women will only be able to grow so far in their spiritual walk. And being open to plural marriage takes it to a whole new level. I, argumentative of course, wanted to point out spiritual "greats" in our church...what about this missionary or that awesome submissive wife? I believe now that he's right.

I'm not a big fan of modern praise and worship music. When our mainstream church sings, I very rarely feel "moved" by the words and most of the time I'm thinking these people have no idea what they're singing about. When the Amelangs led us this weekend in worship and sang about the Refiner's Fire, you better believe these women acutely know what they're singing about. They sang about God making diamonds out of us(dust) and diamonds being made through pressure. It was a reoccurring theme. "Though there's pain in the offering / Blessed be Your Name."

Behind all of their bright smiles is something a little more...deep. A little more....real. A little more God and a little less self. These are meek and quiet spirits. Not because they have shy dispositions (Ali :p) but because they have come through the fire! They have made the choice to say, "Not my will but Thine be done."

You immediately feel a part of this group of women. You know they understand exactly how you've felt (when you wouldn't dare even mention the word to other women). Without even speaking any words, you see it in their eyes. They know. They know about the tears, the feelings, the fits of rage, the falling on the forest floor with no former life left, the rising again and again and again.

So thank you. Thank you to these wonderful, beautiful diamonds. Thank you to those men who gave their women the opportunity to rise to a new level in their spiritual journey. To become less, so He can become more. It is truly humbling to be in the company of these greats!

And thank you, Amelangs, for introducing me to the diamonds song. It's kinda stuck in my head now. Oh-oh oh-oh :D

Thank you, windblown, for sharing your heart--couldn't agree more about the ladies. The women in this group are strong and capable, battle-tested, treasure worth far more than rubies. About the only thing dumber than the outside world's assuming that for men it's all about the sex is their assuming that for the women it's about being weak or 'settling' for the plural life. Sheesh....

Indeed. Windblown's an astute observer with an eloquent writing voice. Fits right in with a room full of strong, capable, beautiful women, too!

Hoping to make it to the next retreat, wow. If @windblown and her writing is indicative of the quality of women present at the gathering, I'll learn a lot!
I got to meet windblown, she does write well doesn't she? She's so sweet, as are all of the women I had the opportunity to visit with. I hope you can make it. It's nice to get a chance and see real life families interact. I learned a lot!!!

Thank you ladies. My wife and I haven't had the pleasure to personally get to know any plural families and it is a thing of beauty to hear you express yourselves. When I first read the expressions of windblown, I went straight in and gave it to Michelle to read. Your expressions mean a lot and give an insight that we otherwise would not be able to get.
Thank you again, its a pleasure to be in your company.

Oh my beautiful friend! This is one of the most perfect things I've ever read. Seriously. I'm honored and humbled to be a part of your story and your experience at the retreat. I'm honored to be a Biblical Families woman - because it gives me a chance to connect to other women (like you) who have been through the Fire and lived to tell about it. Thank you for this. Thank you for all the ways you encourage others. I'm a blessed woman to know you and I look forward to seeing you again. ❤❤❤

I used Safari and posted from my iPhone so that's how I was able to post the hearts. ❤

Go you on the basil and oregano!!! You inspire me to use some of my rosemary soon.

Windblown, that was so beautiful it made me want to cry! I have learned so much from all of you strong and lovely ladies over the past year, and I dearly hope we can make it to the retreat one day! :) Many blessings! ~Mae

Hi everyone! I need to write this before the retreat high fades into the rigors of daily life. It is a thought I had on Sunday and would've shared to the whole group but I thought I would have the chance to tell just the ladies as I am not one to normally speak to a mixed audience . Unfortunately we didn't meet separately again. So here goes...

After chatting with new and familiar female faces at the retreat, I was struck. Biblical Families women are amazingly beautiful! My former rebel self would've balked, "why would these men want more wives?!" Then I realized their beauty was a direct result of this exact reason. It's a spiritual beauty that permeates their whole selves. These women are beautiful because of the work they have had to do within themselves.

While I was still on the fence about polygyny, my husband told me that regular (anti-poly) Christian women will only be able to grow so far in their spiritual walk. And being open to plural marriage takes it to a whole new level. I, argumentative of course, wanted to point out spiritual "greats" in our church...what about this missionary or that awesome submissive wife? I believe now that he's right.

I'm not a big fan of modern praise and worship music. When our mainstream church sings, I very rarely feel "moved" by the words and most of the time I'm thinking these people have no idea what they're singing about. When the Amelangs led us this weekend in worship and sang about the Refiner's Fire, you better believe these women acutely know what they're singing about. They sang about God making diamonds out of us(dust) and diamonds being made through pressure. It was a reoccurring theme. "Though there's pain in the offering / Blessed be Your Name."

Behind all of their bright smiles is something a little more...deep. A little more....real. A little more God and a little less self. These are meek and quiet spirits. Not because they have shy dispositions (Ali :p) but because they have come through the fire! They have made the choice to say, "Not my will but Thine be done."

You immediately feel a part of this group of women. You know they understand exactly how you've felt (when you wouldn't dare even mention the word to other women). Without even speaking any words, you see it in their eyes. They know. They know about the tears, the feelings, the fits of rage, the falling on the forest floor with no former life left, the rising again and again and again.

So thank you. Thank you to these wonderful, beautiful diamonds. Thank you to those men who gave their women the opportunity to rise to a new level in their spiritual journey. To become less, so He can become more. It is truly humbling to be in the company of these greats!

And thank you, Amelangs, for introducing me to the diamonds song. It's kinda stuck in my head now. Oh-oh oh-oh :D

Thank you, windblown! You expressed the heart of Biblical Families so well. The men and women of our group are special in their "realness". The love of the Lord and for one another is truly evident. I have a bond with these women that goes beyond regular friendship. It's a beautiful thing and I treasure it. Thank you for your profound words of encouragement❤.

Oh, Wind, you bring grateful tears to my eyes. When we were living in Mexico at the orphanage, I immersed myself in the history of missions and read many bios of missionary men and women. I also had the privilege of fellowshipping with some of the most awesome real live missionaries on the planet, and I honor them all for their sacrifices as well as adventures, which indeed make up the stuff of legends. That being said, Bib Fam women are what I want to be like when I grow up. The prices that have been paid internally are astronomical, and I expect I shall be happily giving "honor where honor is due" for the rest of my days. Thank you as well for understanding me personally. It means more than I can say.

I’m bumping this thread because the sentiment remains... I’m always awed after every retreat. Especially grateful to have met @Joleneakamama and @serenesprings and her sweet baby. And @Lee_Lee Rambo.

Each family I meet adds a new element, a new layer of color, to the “plural marriage” image in my mind. And the unfolding picture reveals the wondrous care and precision Our Creator paints with.. each family member uniquely designed for each other… a profound testament to His love and providence to us. Thank you all who bring such richness to this masterpiece.❤️

Back