• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Relationship Prayer

Tlaloc

Hi everyone, we've had a relationship appear and flare up really fast. I tend to be extremely skeptical but this girl continually passes my checks and seems to be focused on finding a family without ulterior motives.

The speed with which the relationship appeared and heated up is nothing to me, I asked Anndrea to marry me three days after we started dating, but I guess I tend to believe deep down that I couldn't be that blessed twice. I'm not thinking of asking this girl to marry me right now btw, its just that we have gotten comfortable with each other and heated up so fast.

If you have some time please pray for my family as this progresses.

Your family is in my prayers.

Michelle

Yes, I'll be praying for you all as well.

Jair,

I just finished praying for you and your circumstances. In doing so, the thought arose to pass on the little write-up below. I also want to point out that I am in no way indicating or implying anything by passing this on either positive or negative.

I wish you the best.

Curtis

Attached...

HOW TO ASCERTAIN THE WILL OF GOD by George Mueller

1. Seek at the beginning to get your heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in regard to a given matter. Nine-tenths of the trouble with people generally is just here. Nine-tenths of the difficulties are overcome when our hearts are ready to do the LORD's will, whatever it may be. When one is truly in this state, it is usually but a little way to the knowledge of what His will is.

2. Having done this, do not leave the result to feeling or simple impression. If so, we make ourself liable to great delusions.

3. Seek the Will of the Spirit of God through, or in connection with, the Word of God. The Spirit and the Word must be combined. If we look to the Spirit alone without the Word, we leave ourself open to great delusions also. If the Holy Ghost guides us at all, He will do it according to the Scriptures and never contrary to them.

4. Next take into account providential circumstances. These often plainly indicate God's Will in connection with His Word and Spirit.

5. Ask God in prayer to reveal His Will to us aright.

6. Thus, through prayer to God, the study of the Word, and reflection, we come to a deliberate judgment according to the best of our ability and knowledge, and if our mind is thus at peace, and continues so after two or three more petitions, we can proceed accordingly. In trivial matters, and in transactions involving most important issues, you will find this method always effective.

First of all, thank you everyone, I deeply appreciate it.

Second of all, Curtis, very nice writeup. Step one for me is the opposite of step one most people would guess. On this mater I tend to be bias to pessimism and expecting things not to work out. That is kind of odd in that I have never actually had a relationship break up, things are still slow and steady with the girlfreind we've had since this spring (Next date, two weeks Saturday) and the only other woman I've dated is my wife.

Third, she has continued to mesh well with us and she has cleared every stipulation on what we must have in a relationship as of today (I just got up to asking about STD's the last on the list and one of the trickier questions to ask gracefully) God willing this could move very fare forward in the next few months, but I'm still not letting myself get my hopes up.

Praying for you and your family

Back