• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Remedies for infection

Jennifer

Female
What are the best remedies for an antibiotic resistant skin infection? I have an infection on my eyelid I have been fighting for a while. I have antibiotic ointment and taking doxycycline. It was getting better but now it's coming back. I think I need something nontraditional to get rid of it. What brands of manuka honey do you suggest?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I don't have enough experience to say what is strictly the "best" remedy for an antibiotic resistant skin infection, however, I have some thoughts that might be germane. I had some sort of recurring dermatitis that I would treat with various OTC things. I was becoming less and less interested in using such synthetic chemicals, so I went looking, and I ended up using colloidal silver. Well, it was actually ionic silver, but they call it colloidal silver. It took two applications, and the second was mostly "just to be sure", and the seven or ten day long rash was healed and gone on day three of treatment, and I've not seen it since.

The silver I used is the 2oz dropper of version of this 1oz spray bottle.
https://www.vitacost.com/natural-im...ver-bio-active-silver-hydrosol-immune-support
I expect that most any 10ppm silver should be as usable as the next. You might find something at your local health/supplement store. I would happily use this ionic silver externally, but I would not deliberately take it internally, though I would not be concerned about incidental ingestion of a small amount either.

What's better than ionic silver is true *colloidal* silver, ie discrete aggregated clumps of metallic silver; silver nanoparticles.
Read more here https://www.cgcsforum.org/
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLok-JTen5U1z5stuQ4zX2gZQSxxA1qWT-

This is a very interesting bit of research, where the researchers used silver nanoparticles (AgNP) against MRSA cells.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4685924/
From the paper; "AgNPs can lyse both of the bacterial strains by interacting with their cell walls, resulting in imbalances and increased porosity of their cell membranes and a resultant loss of cytoplasmic content." (emph added)
Lyse; lysis, noun; the disintegration of a cell by rupture of the cell wall or membrane.
They have a great picture there of a MRSA cell "leaking" its cytoplasmic fluid.
The paper was linked to in this thread https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=3015.0 at the forum.

We've not used manuka to treat anything, so I cannot speak to that, but this is the manuka we use simply as food.
https://www.vitacost.com/ys-eco-bee-farms-raw-manuka-honey-hi-active-15-plus-12-oz-6

Being on the eye is going to make this a whole lot tougher to deal with. So be careful with any of these, I don't know how many will work well/safely around the eye. Check your MSDS sheets and be prepared to do an eyewash.

I'd start with wiping it with vinegar (preferably Apple Cider Vinnegar with a live mother); this has worked very well with ringworm (a skin fungal), when that fails I go to hydrogen peroxide, also good for skin/cut disinfection.
Epsom salt wash/bath is another i use for skin infections, especially ones that start to red-line into the body; clears them right up.
Essential oils: tea tree, oregano. These will penetrate well into the body so will work well. There are others, @Foxlily can add a few.
Tinctures (internally): garlic and others. Also cook with garlic, lots of it until it comes out your pours.
Tabasco maybe. No I'm serious, hot pepper kills a lot of stuff. I've used it for internal deworming with success.
Honey: you mentioned this. I don't know if manuka will make a big difference here or not, but it won't take much of it. There are a few ways honey is disinfecting but one is its peroxide content. You can taste this so evaluate the honey first; it should be raw, unheated. Any good honey this time of year will be crystallized. Of the surface treatments this is the least likely to bother the eyes.

I'd eat more fermented foods. I'm betting your gut bacteria are off. Also evaluate your soaps. Your skin and gut should have the natural biomes to prevent these things from taking off.

Also, check your humidity levels in the home. If its been a warm wet winter, that could be aggravating the problem and making it hard to clear up.

Probably also homeopaths that can help, but not sure off the top of my head. Belladonna is likely though.

Do you suffer from dry eyes? Tears are salty, think about it, very disinfecting. Maybe some sort of homemade eye drop that has salt? I don't know. You'll want to be careful and do some research.

Tea Tree oil. Had had a sever infection on the incisions from my back surgery. Tea tree allied every 2 hours cleared it up in days.
My only dilemma with tea tree is it is strong and the skin around the eye is delicate. Lavendar is not as potent but still powerful. Oregano.. even stronger bure your skin kind of strong. Frankincense is good for skin infection. Any of them dilute 3ish drops in 1 tsp of carrier oil..

A note about lavender however, it has been known to cause seizures so considering your daughter... Probably a no go for that one.

In retrospect, I've been studying Esther.. the virgins had to undergo 1 yr of ''beautifying" treatments of skin applications of frankincense and myrrh oil.. may be more to that than we realize. These were common women coming before a king who knows what skin issues they had and were treated with this...

SILVER!! internally and externally. If the bottle says don’t ingest, keep looking for another brand. We use it for ear infections and pink eye. My daughter had and infected hang nail and used it to keep from having to take an antibiotic. It’s worked on toe fungus as well. Be consistent. Also I’d use red raspberry leaf tea. Steep the bag in very warm water for a few minute, lightly squeeze the bad and put it on your infected area for about 5-7 minutes three time a day. It’s high in vitamin C. It works well for eye sty’s I hope you find relief!

Just a quick note about my previous comment; it is the *ionic* silver (which is about all you can readily buy) that I wouldn't take internally, I would be fine taking true colloidal silver internally. Though I did previously use ionic *IN* the eyes for a few ¿months? with no apparent adverse effect, but now I'd use colloidal instead.

Thank you so very much. I have a feeling all the stress, along with the steroids I was given for surgery back in December did a number on my immune system and gut health. I have Behcets disease and I control it through diet and low dose Naltrexone. However, when I have surgery they give me iv steroids every time!! They do it to prevent a flare after surgery. I honestly believe that and the stress started this infection.

Back