• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Retreat in Branson, Missouri

Fine Jade

Real Person
Hello Ladies,
I am considering going to the retreat, but I have a one year old baby. I'd like to hear some pros and cons of flying and being at a retreat for 3 days where I might have to take care of the little one. What can I expect? What is the schedule like? I'd appreciate the first hand experiencers and any encouragement as well.
Thanks,
Fine Jade

Blessings & Welcome Fine Jade! :D

so good to have ya here, as I look forward to knowing another Sister in Christ. Great question and I wish I had a great helpful answer for you. However seeing as I haven't been able to attend a retreat as of yet, I don't have any detailed info or tips to share. I do know that Sweetlissa, Julieb, DeeAnn and other wonderful ladies here could help though. As they have attended a retreat or two themselves. From what I've read here on the posts, the reviews of the retreats have been awesome. Lots of learning & growing in Christ together, shared fellowship & Godly wisdom, prayer & praise and of course great food! :) I do remember that a few of the locations have been at family friendly nice campsites with family cabins & whatnot. I also think that some have been at hotels, so in each of these locations it seems that there would be areas/rooms for all aged children. I know that they've posted pictures of some of the retreats, showing allot of families & kids of all ages. I think I remember seeing a young couple that had maybe a 2 to 3yr old child of theirs with them. Sorry that I don't have more detailed information for you at this point. But all that to say, that yes families do bring their children and seem to have specific areas available to them to properly take care of them. Again you're going to want to check in with some of the women I mentioned above, or whom ever else would like to be helpful and chime in as well. :) Welcome again, I hope your able to get the information you need regarding these awesome retreats that are available to families. God Bless!

Warm Wishes,
Faithful Servant :)

Fine Jade,
I want to assure you that the retreats are very family freindly. The schedules are usually pretty loose and allow plenty of free time. There are also usually lots of people there who love children and will be happy to hold your child. These families are people who are devoted to their families and we completely understand people's need to care for young ones. Everyone is wonderful about breastfeeding (as long as you are modest about it) and taking time away to care for your little one.

Sweetlissa

We take all 5 of our kids to the retreats and there are always lots of playmates for them. They get so excited to see old friends and make new friends. Almost as excited as their parents! The big kids like to play with the little kids, which can be helpful when you want to pay attention to the group discussions.

As for flying with a baby, I suggest breastfeeding or a bottle during take off and landing to help relieve pressure in their ears. I've flown with my babies and always kept them on my lap rather than paying for an extra seat.

I hope you can make it to the next retreat! I hope we can make it also and get to meet you. I know we will be fast friends, just as all the other Biblical Families friends we have made.

Faithful Servant, Sweetlissa, and DeeAnn....... Thanks for such a warm welcome! I must admit that I was unsure whether to reply to YOUR reply or not, and finally I just figured that you would probably like to know that I'm here. (It's just posting things on the internet is not something that I'm use to. I think I might have to get use to it if I'm going to get to know you fine women. ) Thanks again for your encouragement with the retreat info and making me feel so welcome! Very much appreciated!

Back