• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Revelations

jsw

Is the anyone on this site willing to discuss Revelations with me and help me to understand it?

Jenna

Sure but that would likely be better for us to do in pm than on a public thread since that book draws so much controversy I doubt we could stay on topic in a public thread. I'll send you a message through pm and we can dialog over whatever it is you are pondering in regard to that book.

Dr. Allen

I'd be willing to go through it with you as well, though I agree with Dr. Allen that it might be best to do it privately instead of publicly.

I feel I should let you know, though, that I am a preterstis, and so I will have a very different eschatological view then Dr. Allen.

WomanSeekingGod

Do you mean the book of Revelation or revelations (not as in the sense of the name of a specific book but as in having more than one revelation? Such as having dreams or visions today?)

The book is singular in it's name. (I used to call it "revelations" a lot but people corrected me and I noticed it is called "revelation.")

Yes DTT, I was referring to the book of Revelation. I have stopped thinking about this as of this moment and have realized a few other areas of my own personal growth that I must deal with before jumping into such a diverse conversation about a specific book of the Bible. I appreciate those of you that are willing to take the time to help me through my path and will eventually get to a point where I can have these types of questions and discussions, but as of now I realize I am just not ready yet. So thank you all.

Jenna

Jenna:

Don't let the diverse views keep you from prayerfully reading the book, maybe a few times, on your own. While there ARE symbolic things there over which scholars speculate and disagree, there are also many things that are pretty durn plain.

The book IS, after all, entitled The REVELATION of Jesus Christ, not the OBSCURING of Him. It begins with blessings on those who will read it and take it to heart, so it must be meant for us to read and contemplate and understand at least to some extent.

Remember, it tells you about JESUS, the Lover of your soul. Look for His heart shining through the messages. You will be blessed. Promise!

Cecil

jsw said:
Yes DTT, I was referring to the book of Revelation. I have stopped thinking about this as of this moment and have realized a few other areas of my own personal growth that I must deal with before jumping into such a diverse conversation about a specific book of the Bible. I appreciate those of you that are willing to take the time to help me through my path and will eventually get to a point where I can have these types of questions and discussions, but as of now I realize I am just not ready yet. So thank you all.

Jenna

Thank you that clarified a lot.

Back