• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Ron and Nathan

C

Cap

It has been a long time since I have heard anything about Ron and his family and it is my understanding that Nathan and his family are going through a pretty good move, or have been. So I was thinking maybe prayers might be needed for both.

Also, I know that preparations for the winter retreat are probably being made and so maybe prayers for those preparations and for those who are trying to arrange life to get there.

Just popped into my mind so I thought I would obey and just put it at there.

Hey guys (Cap!), thanks for thinking of me (and Ron) - the wall I hit with moving issues, personal issues, work, and health (not awful, just not fun) was way more than I expected and I am still trying to dig out.
The next few months will be more of the same, but hopefully less and less. We are building an in-law unit in the garage in our new house for my parents, and had hoped to be about done by now - instead we don't even have a permit yet! What a hassle getting plans ready and approved. Headed to county permitting office to submit tomorrow.

I do hope to be back on the forum occasionally now. Feel free to PM me.

The good news: I'm working on a newsletter tonight, and we will be having the Feb 15-16 retreat in southern PA - details this week. Ladies retreat in March about ready too.

Ron: while his health is actually doing pretty good, he has a bunch of stressful issues also - please pray for them. It's not my place to say more, but I will say this: they are trying to get out of AZ, soon - you can pray it goes according to God's plan, if it's supposed to be.

Oh, and pray for BF, that we get these 2 retreat plans wrapped up, and are able to get a good option for the summer - we are thinking around July 4th again. Maybe at a place we've been to a few times (yeah, there - it ain't 'great', but it's pretty functional, and it's nice not to have to hide.)

Hey guys (Cap!), thanks for thinking of me (and Ron) - the wall I hit with moving issues, personal issues, work, and health (not awful, just not fun) was way more than I expected and I am still trying to dig out.
The next few months will be more of the same, but hopefully less and less. We are building an in-law unit in the garage in our new house for my parents, and had hoped to be about done by now - instead we don't even have a permit yet! What a hassle getting plans ready and approved. Headed to county permitting office to submit tomorrow.

I do hope to be back on the forum occasionally now. Feel free to PM me.

The good news: I'm working on a newsletter tonight, and we will be having the Feb 15-16 retreat in southern PA - details this week. Ladies retreat in March about ready too.

Ron: while his health is actually doing pretty good, he has a bunch of stressful issues also - please pray for them. It's not my place to say more, but I will say this: they are trying to get out of AZ, soon - you can pray it goes according to God's plan, if it's supposed to be.

Oh, and pray for BF, that we get these 2 retreat plans wrapped up, and are able to get a good option for the summer - we are thinking around July 4th again. Maybe at a place we've been to a few times (yeah, there - it ain't 'great', but it's pretty functional, and it's nice not to have to hide.)

We will be praying for you and Ron.

By the way where is the ladies Retreat going to be held at? I know you can't put details, but what about state?

>By the way where is the ladies Retreat going to be held at? I know you can't put details, but what about state?

Greater Orlando area. Was going to be Jacksonville, until Julie discovered that the PGA Players Tournament that weekend jacked up prices at least double in all decent hotels. And then couldn't go farther, because she already has a lady flying in from Europe to Florida for the ladies retreat!

And then couldn't go farther, because she already has a lady flying in from Europe to Florida for the ladies retreat!
Yep, and I happen to know who's coming. That's... (drum roll)... my lovely wife @1stWife@Home! I am happy for her to visit a retreat, although I hope to visit together with her one of the other retreats, but this one fitted best. Hopefully, sometime, ...

Not having to hide is valuable beyond the measure at which it can be measured.

@Keith Martin and @rejoicinghandmaid I am so glad you guys have chosen to post again. Both of your non biased inputs have been sorely missed.
Thanks @Cap! Your kind words of encouragement mean much! It's strange that it appears both of us got back on the forum on the same day, but neither of us knew the other was going to get back on here. My time is so limited right now and has been for several months--since before the OK retreat even. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to make the NE retreat. Will you and your sweetie be able to make it? Blessings!!

Thanks @Cap! Your kind words of encouragement mean much! It's strange that it appears both of us got back on the forum on the same day, but neither of us knew the other was going to get back on here. My time is so limited right now and has been for several months--since before the OK retreat even. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to make the NE retreat. Will you and your sweetie be able to make it? Blessings!!

We are trying and we hope to see you there. Hope your busyness is rewarding. :)

Back