• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Sabbath keepers or seekers only...

Paul not the apostle

Real Person
I don't want to argue the Sabbath, if you don't follow it don't respond. This research is for anyone interested in learning more about the history of the Sabbath in the world. Most people groups have a story of the great worldwide flood. I thought that if the Sabbath was for "man", that "man" would have a record of keeping it in history. The chart shows the 160 languages that have their seventh day called "sabbath" in their native tongue. Think on the ramifications of this.

When the world has the seasons for the years, and the lunar cycles for the months, we see the reasons for the unity in how this is determined in different people groups. The question becomes

"Where does the unity of the seven day week come from? Where are the people groups that have a two, five, or ten day week?

Just like adultery was a death punishable sin before Mosaic Law, the Sabbath was for man from creation, and is witnessed by the peoples of the world as shown in this chart entitled:

160 languages that declare the Sabbath.

Showing the unchanged order of the days and true position of the Sabbath, as proved by the combined testimony of Ancient and Modern Languages – By Rev William Mead Jones D.D

This is a scan of the original work from the author.
http://www.homeschoolhowtos.com/static/ChartOfTheWeek.pdf

This is an updated version.
http://www.jasonsliger.com/Site_2/Sabbath_files/Sabbath Chart.pdf

I thought that this was really interesting.

Thanks, Paul...that really is interesting stuff. Languages show us a lot about history that some men would rather try to hide. ;)

(I find the word "HalleluYah" fascinating for that same reason. Literally "praise Ye Yah", of course, it turns out to be pronounced almost identically in scores of very different languages, pretty much defying 'the odds'...unless you consider Who thinks the Name is important, and wants to preserve it.)

Hey all, I am new to the site, I hope it is ok that I post a study I did from scriptures regarding Sabbath. This is were I made my turning point completely.

I also study Hebrew and Greek, I would rather use Hebrew words rather then the Latin, Greek or English words.
YHWH, Yahuwah, El, Elohim all is talking about the Creator of us all. Yahushua is talking about the one known as Jesus.

Hope its not to long and would like to hear your thoughts.

SABBATH

The focus of most is on the 7th day called the Sabbath or Shabbat, and the day before Sabbath is the 6th day? The 6th day is called “the day of preparation“, what is preparation? Is it merely having items cooked and your fire wood in side and ready to go? Is it each man staying in his own dwelling and discussing scriptures with family?

After traveling all around this planet and meeting many scriptural observers I have found a lack of the meaning of “the day of preparation”, but yet every one can relate to how this day is to be carried out.
I am sure that many remember when they were going on there first date or you had people coming over for dinner, perhaps you are going to meet some one that you want to impress, you first get prepared, you do this with great anticipation.
When preparing your self for others, you don’t wait tell the last moment, or cut corners to expedite your preparation, but you take time for the smaller finer details, you want your self to be exquisite in all manners of detail for the best possible impression for the one that is coming…so why is it that we do not do this for the Sabbath? After all it is a DATE with our Husband, Protector, Father…..

Let us venture into the depths of the Word of Yahuwah and see what He has said…
Leviticus 23:2-8 'The feasts of Yahuwah, which you shall proclaim to be a set-apart gathering, these are My feasts.
What is a gathering? Many have said that you must travel and gather together with people to fulfill this passage, at the same time, it has been written “were two or more are gathered in the name of YHWH, He is there”. YHWH is only asking for you to set one full day aside out of the seven days He gave to you, six for you one for Him, He has one full day completely set aside for you to get to know your protector, is He worth it?

We are told to keep His Sabbath, how serious is YHWH about us doing this task?
Numbers 15:32 they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
Numbers 15:35 And YHWH said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.
As seen above it is clear how serious Yahuwah is about Keeping His date with Him, do you like being stood up?
However YHWH does not force us to do any thing that we would rather not do, just as 1st John states, IF you love YHWH you will obey His commands, YHWH also says if your going to love me, Love Me with all your Emotions(Heart), all your actions(body) and all your mind(thoughts) for you can only have one Master, is it YHWH or something else that takes up your time?

Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of sincere rest, a set-apart gathering. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of YHWH in all your dwellings. Leviticus 23
rest on the set-apart sabbath unto Yahuwah: bake that which ye will bake to day(6thday), and boil what you need to boil(drinking water); and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning,
abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day. Exodus 16.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it set-apart.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of Yahuwah thy Elohim: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days Yahuwah made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and He rested on the seventh day: Yahuwah blessed the Sabbath day, and set it apart. Exodus 20.
Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the Sabbath day(talking about gathering wood and or chopping it, have it at your door step ready to be used). Exodus 35.

The people of the land would bring supplies and food on the Sabbath day to sell, but we would not buy it from them on the Sabbath, or on a set-apart day, Nehemiah 10.
15 Six days may work be done; but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, set-apart to Yahuwah: whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31.
2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the Sabbath from polluting it, and keeping his hand from doing any evil. Isaiah 56, Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 17, Nehemiah 13.

Some people will exclaim that Yahushua went to congregations, or synagogue on the Sabbath, and we are to do what He did… Synagogues are never found in scriptures or history Intel after the Hebrew people came out of Babylon, and when they came out of the pagan colter, they brought many pagan costumes with them, and mixed the commands of YHWH with pagan practice. Just as scriptures say “it was Tradition“ to leave your dwelling and go to a synagogue,according to Thayer's Lexicon the Greek word used for tradition means to give up, surrender, turn power over to, rather it is in writing or word of mouth, makes you think about what you have signed or said willingly with out knowing... a Tradition is not a command of YHWH even though many traditions are said to be the correct interpretation of the words of Yahuwah....
If there is any thing found in scriptures it must match up with Torah, for nothing can be added or taken away(Mathew 5:17-21, Deuteronomy 4:2), we can also look at the disciples in Acts, they gathered together after the sabbath, after the sun went down to share what YHWH had shown them, in may cases they met on the first day of the week to talk about the Sabbath studies they had done, also they went to the synagogue as a traditions to help lead the people to the truth of Torah and not the Traditions of man.

Traditions are not always bad, such as a tradition to have your favorite seat at the table, to eat meatloaf every 3rd day of the week, but when you make any tradition coexist with scriptures, its wrong.
Joshua 7:13 There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.
After reading this whole chapter of Joshua, we have much to get rid of in our lives! If we are not keeping Sabbath, we need to get rid of the sin and Keep Sabbath! If we are holding to traditions of men, we need to disband our selves from it and hold fast to what YHWH leads us in… the Sabbath is not a day for shopping or working out, it is not a day for eating out or spending time with friends or watching movies! It is one day a week that we are to set aside and enjoy its rest to its fullest unto YHWH, as seen in the 10 commandments, the Sabbath is not to be set-apart unto your self.

Titus 1:14-16 Pay not attention to Jewish(Strong's 2451) Fables, and commands of men who turn from the truth. They profess to know Yahuwah, but in there works they deny Him,”” being disobedient””. Also read 1st John 2:4, Mathew 7:21-23, 7:15.
You have heard, where two or more are gathered together in my name, I am there with them also... the Greek Word mean reputation, The Hebrew word for “name” according to the Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew Lexicon means to act according to His character... so simply using the name of Yahuwah or Yahushua, we are to be in His character, Yahushua obeyed Yahuwah in all His commands, that was His Reputation, that was His character, so are you following in His character? Also Yahuwah rests on the Sabbath day from all His work... are you acting in His Reputation and according to His Character of actions? Do you really know His NAME???

What about the Sabbath Year? Or the other seven feast OF Yahuwah, those are also Sabbaths! Yes and they are all a Sabbath, they also have some slight differences to them. They are not Hi Sabbaths as some would call them, they are not extra set apart, they are simply Extra Sabbaths that fall in line with all the above regarding a Sabbath, they are Normal Sabbaths with some Extra fun things added on, a time that you get to gather together for some Fun and Games! They are Feast Of Yahuwah, not our feast, not our Sabbath, they just like all Sabbaths are a time set Apart for spending Time with our Master!

...So any lunar Sabbath keepers here - yet? I don't have time to debate/discuss it, just wondering if there are any others here yet. It's not my job to convince anyone of it, but if any other "loonies" are here, please get in touch...Shalum ya'll

What is a lunar Sabbath?

From what I gathered so far it has to do with calculating the Sabbath along to the full moon which obviously does not match the other way of counting...

I consider the fact that Jeroboam, the son of Nebat, sought to usurp the authority of the priests in Jerusalem in order to separate the people of Israel from the Davidic King. So he set up cultic sites at Dan and Bethel. Observers may have exclaimed, "Holy Cow!" This is the sin by which he made Israel sin, and in which he set up different appointed times, not according to the reckoning of the Priests in Jerusalem. For me, and I advocate such, I will not continue in the sin of Jeroboam son of Nebat, but I will accept the reckoning of the Priests in Jerusalem for the appointed times, as it has been given to them to resolve controversies. Also, since the Nascent Sanhedrin has appointed a High Priest, Baruch Kahane, and is said to be beginning to take witnesses to establish the appointed times again, it is about time. I will follow the Priestly reckoning until Mashiach comes again.

So, no, not a Lunar Sabbath keeper... those who look to the sighting of the moon could be said to engage in 'lunar-see'... (Forgive my dry humor, it comes from being in Arizona)

I consider the fact that Jeroboam, the son of Nebat, sought to usurp the authority of the priests in Jerusalem in order to separate the people of Israel from the Davidic King

I'm pretty much staying out of this one, but just curious about this aspect. I can fully understand the priesthood provenance of David and Jeroboams day. By the time of Christ, the line of Aaron is nonexistent and the high priest is a political appointee presiding over a religion without a mercy seat or ark of the covenant.
My question is this, what is the provenance of this new high priest? If it is by acclamation, how does that equate with a man like Moshe consecrating a man who was publicly chosen by Yahweh. Do they utilize a blossoming rod in the tabernacle or what?

May I share my testimony about how we discovered the laws of Moses and the lunar Sabbath? It's not short, but it's my story of how I found a very valuable pearl. It's my hope that my story will help you find your pearl. (Praise YHUH, Mystic, that you see it's beauty and value). (ZecAustin, it's been a hidden treasure for hundreds of years, it is the glory of YHUH to conceal a matter, and the honor of kings to search it out, that's why you've been unaware of this whole thing, we're all waking up to the coffee, new revelation in these last days.) (Jacobhaivri - I was exactly where you are 5 years ago, I was skeptical at first, I dismissed it as lunacy, I also sat in the seat of mockers, so I don't blame you one bit. Nothing's wrong with dry humor, Elijah used it, but where I, personally, went wrong with it when I first heard of the lunar Sabbath, was I misdirected it so that I was ignorantly mocking YHUH's ways, instead of using that humor to mock the ways of those who worshipped Baal. Thank YHUH for His grace, He could have struck me with lightning right then and I would have deserved it. You are right that YHUH gave the scepter (law/Torah/staff/authority/leadership) to Judah, but they misused it, and it was returned to its rightful, original owner - Yahusha Messiah - when they rejected Him. See Genesis 49:10 - especially the end of the verse, which most Messianics miss or ignore, which says Judah would have the scepter UNTIL Shiloh/Yahusha Messiah came, who all believing nations/gentiles/goyim submit to now. He came and took his scepter back from them, and He's sitting with it at the right hand of the Father in Heaven. We in Messiah are under His authority, not man's.)

We were in the Pentecostal church in the beginnings of our marriage 12 years ago. We were really non-denominational, but for some reason we always wound up in pro-Israel "spirit-filled" churches, not that a lot of the stuff that goes on there would be of the right Spirit, the holy, set-apart, kadosh, Spirit. That's how we were introduced to keeping His commandments, though, as odd as that may sound. We noticed some hypocrisy, as we were being instructed by the pastor not to vote for a president (in 2008) that did not keep the 10 commandments, and we couldn't help but notice the neglect of the 4th commandment by ourselves, this pastor, and the church in general. Our response to this hypocrisy was not to just shrug our shoulders and let it slide, but to remove the log from our own eyes, so we could see to better help our brother with the splinter in his. We felt the best way to be a light, be an example, an encouragement to others to keep those 10 commandments, was to keep them ourselves, including the Sabbath, lest we be hypocrites and blind shepherds to our children, new believers, others observing our walk and hearing our testimony. It's impossible to correct our children or anyone else when we are in need of correction ourselves. It's best to take the necessary and beneficial correction and THEN go about the business of correcting others.

We were soon taught by some Messianic Rabbis introduced to us by this pastor and a family member that the Sabbath was always Saturday from creation, that man, nor the Jews, never really forgot which day was the Sabbath day. We were told the believers in Messiah were either killed for their faithfulness to the Sabbath or rejected and forgot it to save their own lives and switched to Sunday (thanks to the Roman politicians, the Pope, the modern Gregorian Catholic calendar, and persecution against believers like the Spanish Inquisition), but the Jewish people who descended from those of Judea who rejected Him never lost sight of the truth about the Sabbath. We went on to learn much about Judaism's interpretations of the Torah (law), and we kept Saturday with Judah for 4-5 years, to an extent. (My husband was a firefighter/paramedic who sometimes worked for pay on that day when scheduled to-though he has since come under conviction about this and hasn't worked on the lunar Sabbath since we switched from Saturday in 2013.)

We were told the church had Messiah, but not the truth of the law, and that Judaism had the truth of the law, but were missing Messiah. We were taught that if we would only learn to accept Judaism's traditions and learned Torah from their rabbis, our brother Judah would accept Messiah. We've found this theory not to be true or biblical. After several years of holding this belief, we started to become concerned about the fruits of this doctrine. We found that what was happening more often than not was that our friends were rejecting Messiah due to the anti-Yahusha teachings of the rabbis, and those that still professed belief in Him, including ourselves, were beginning to go down a road of forsaking His commandments for traditions of men, just as Messiah had warned the ancestors of Judaism about. We started to remember certain statements Messiah made, such as "beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Herod". I think that was a prophetic warning to us in the last days as much as it was a warning for the disciples back then that false teachers and doctrines would come in the soon coming dispersion/exile not too long after Messiah's return to heaven, and not just from Jewish religious authorities, but the Roman government as well.

So one day I'm in prayer when reading Exodus 31:15:
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to YHUH: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

That hit me with new light, and new weight. I now saw this not just as physical death, but spiritual death, as well, for me, anyway, it was a new conviction, a new revelation, for ME. I was for the first time seeing this as to say that ANYONE, even doctors, paramedics, and fire fighters, who would do ANY work on that day, would die. My first thought was my husband, who I did not want to die. I shared the verse with him, and my new concern, and he confessed to me that he was never convinced by the Jewish rabbis that it was okay for him to go to work that day, especially since he was being paid that day and not doing any healing, nor had he saved any lives on that day while working. He felt that he was still sinning by working on that day, but he didn't know what to do about it see as how we had a mortgage to pay and he needed to keep his job to pay it. It dawned on me at that moment that our enemy, his temptation, his idol, was the job, the money, the mortgage, the house, our farm. We needed to get out from under the burden of the job and the boss (pharaoh) and the debt. Proverbs is right when it says the borrower is slave to the lender. Messiah set us free from bondage of sin, He paid our debts, so I don't think it was His intention for us to nod at Him for that and turn around and go back into debt, oppression, sin, etc...So I felt strongly I needed to pray about our family getting out of that situation.

The next day a Messianic friend called. She asked for prayer, and I asked her to pray for us and my husband about the Sabbath and I explained why. We prayed for each other and hung up the phone. As soon as I laid down the receiver, I heard that familiar, small, still voice behind me saying, "Why are you worried about your brother when YOU are not keeping MY Sabbath?" He then brought the scripture to my mind about getting the log out of my own eye so I can help my brother with the splinter in his. I asked YHUH, "How could I not be keeping your Sabbath? I don't work, I stay home and homeschool the kids, I always rest on Saturdays."

Then He showed me the log in my eye that I could not see. He brought to my remembrance a teaching I heard previously. A Messianic teacher was ranting about division and traditions of men and false doctrines, all very serious concerns, but then he put a name to those who he was accusing, those he called, "loony" lunar Sabbath keepers. (I'm not bitter about being called that now, I rejoice about being mocked for Yahusha's sake.) At first my ears perked up, instantly I remembered questions some of us had in the beginning, about why the weekly Sabbath wouldn't be counted by the moon like the other appointed times in Leviticus 23. Well, then the teacher pointed out that the New moon days would cause one lunar week in the month to have 8-9 days instead of 7. (I've since learned Ezekiel 46:1 explains there are 3 types of days in the month - New Moon days, Sabbath days, and working days. New moon days are outside the weeks, they divide them and the months, they do not fall inside the lunar weeks, they are in a separate category of days, they are appointed times of their own that are neither Sabbath days nor working days in the week.) He said this obviously meant lunar sabbath keepers cannot count to seven. I laughed and agreed at the time, but now YHUH was pushing me to seek out from lunar Sabbath keepers whether they actually had any scriptural witnesses for their stance. I found they did. Then I had to go about the business of seeing if there were any scriptures that made the lunar Sabbath out to be false. I found none. It took a couple weeks to sort it all out, how the lunar Sabbath should work, as I discovered there were other doctrines I had accepted from Judaism, such as the beginning of a day/date being in the evening, that was proving to be false, as well. This all added to the confusion and division in the body. It's not the lunar Sabbath that caused all the division, we can't blame His laws. It's our traditions and conforming to man's laws and the world that caused the division, the exile, etc...

Proverbs warns us it's foolish to give an answer before fully hearing a matter out. It says we need to judge after first hearing all the witnesses, and then we are to judge using equal scales and measures. Jacobhaivri, we can't dismiss the lunar Sabbath as "lunar-see", because that would suggest that, using equal measures, the Saturday Sabbath counted using the sun only would be "solar-see". The lunar Sabbath is actually luni-solar, it uses the sun and the moon both - two witnesses to count to the Sabbath. As Scripture dictates, every matter must be established using at least 2-3 witnesses, including the Sabbath matter.

Key verses supporting a luni-solar Sabbath include, but are not limited to:

And Aluhym said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years...Genesis 1:14

He appointed the moon for appointed times: the sun knows his going down. Psalm 104:19

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the appointed times of YHUH, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my appointed times. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of YHUH in all your dwellings. These are the appointed times of YHUH, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their appointed times. Leviticus 23:2-4

It shall be established for ever as the moon, faithful witness in heaven. Selah. Psalm 89:37

So how it works is the time of conjunction of the sun and moon (called the New Moon) occurs on the last day of the lunar month, whether that month has 29 or 30 days, so the dark, hidden moon, is the phase of the moon when the moon is renewed. It marks the end of one lunation/month and it begins the next, working as a divider of months, or lunations. When the New Moon falls on the 30th day of the month, that 30th day is a New Moon day, because that's the day conjunction, or the New Moon, occurs, and also because the 30th day of the month does not fit into a day in the week. It's not a week day, it's not a Sabbath day, therefore it's a New Moon day, according to Ezekiel 46:1, and the gate would be open for worship that day. The next morning (dawn/nautical twilight) after conjunction would be the first day of the next month, also a New Moon day, but this day is called ROSH Chodesh, ROSH, meaning head, as in head of the month, chodesh meaning renewal. The 30th is not the head of the month, it is the tail, so it's just a chodesh, a regular New Moon day, not ROSH Chodesh. Only the first of the month is called Rosh Chodesh. The first day of the week, in the evening, is usually when we see the first visible crescent of the moon, that's the second day of the month. So the seventh day Sabbath occurs on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th of each month, with 4 weeks each month, with the moon being a marker or sign for the Sabbaths and New Moon days. There will be the sign of the first quarter moon for the first Sabbath on the 8th, the full moon mid-month for the marker for the Sabbath on the 15th of the lunar month, the third quarter moon for the third Sabbath on the 22nd, the last crescent for the Sabbath on the 29th. So there are 28 days (4 weeks) of light on the moon, and 1-2 days of darkness on the moon for the New Moon days.

My husband, like me, was not quick to accept the lunar Sabbath. I think it's a very normal human reaction to reject right away things that are new. When I first heard of keeping Saturday instead of Sunday, red flags went up right away, because I had been indoctrinated that I would lose my salvation if I tried to keep the law. It was a few months after I switched from Saturday that he decided to give it a try. It was a few more months of keeping it before he became convinced that the Sabbath is counted using the moon. As soon as he started keeping it though, he started taking off work, not only on Sabbaths, but New Moon days as well. He found it even easier to observe the Sabbaths at the fire dept on the lunar Sabbath than the Saturday Sabbath. He could never find guys to work for him that day because they wanted Saturdays off to party. He never worked those days again. Six to nine months later we sold our house and he quit his job. We got out of debt and he started his own business doing what he always wanted to do, and makes more than he ever made in his cushy city job. Now we are the head and not the tail, the lender and not the borrower, my husband makes his own schedule, he's his own boss, and he can wear a beard! We now own a modest bought with cash! YHUH is a great motivator and He gives us the desires of our heart. Obeying is a blessing! Be encouraged, ya'll! Keep seeking and doing!

...the high priest is a political appointee presiding over a religion without a mercy seat or ark of the covenant.
My question is this, what is the provenance of this new high priest? If it is by acclamation, how does that equate with a man like Moshe consecrating a man who was publicly chosen by Yahweh. Do they utilize a blossoming rod in the tabernacle or what?

Much the same way it works many places today. It's called bribery, nepotism, influence-peddling... ;(

Something blossoms, anyway.

New
I like what you've posted. How do you incorporate feast days or transverse years?

Verifyveritas76, I guess you are asking how the annual feast days line up with Leviticus 23 and the luni-solar Sabbath calendar?

It works beautifully.
The 14th of the 1st month, the Passover, occurs on the 6th day of the week every year. It's always on "Preparation Day". The next day, the 15th of the lunar month, is a weekly Sabbath, and an annual high Sabbath, every year, and the first day of Unleavened Bread, every year. The Feast of Unleavened Bread ends at the end of the 6th day of the week, which is 21st of the month, every year. The next day, the 22nd, is the seventh day of the week, weekly Sabbath, and an annual high Sabbath, every year. The moon appears full to the naked eye from the 14th-16th, every year, from the date of His death, to the date of His resurrection.

See especially Leviticus 23:8 regarding the day after WHICH Sabbath one is to wave the barley sheaf in the count to the Feast of Weeks. We've found Lev 23 to be flowing in chronological order from the beginning of the year to the end of the year, so we believe the appointed time for the waving of the sheaf is on the 23rd, the day after the Sabbath AFTER Unleavened Bread. Seven luni-solar Sabbaths/weeks/sevens after this date brings us to the 16th of the 3rd month. If you only count the days in the lunar weeks, not the New Moon days, there are 50 days between the 23rd of the 1st month and the 16th of the 3rd month, 7 weeks complete, to the day after the 7th Sabbath. The instructions in Lev 23:15 say to count seven Sabbaths/weeks/sevens COMPLETE, meaning week days only, no New Moon days are counted. Remember Ezekiel 46:1 instructs New Moon days cannot ever fall on work days in the week. Why? It goes against the instructions about which days the gates are open or closed. Example: Let's pretend the Gregorian week is not falsehood. Let's say Tuesday was the day of the New Moon this month. Tuesday is normally a work day on the Gregorian calendar, right? But the instructions in Ezekiel 46:1 say that the gates are to be closed on work days, and open on New Moon days. So if Tuesday is the New Moon, are the gates to be open for worship on the New Moon or closed for the work day? Six days you shall work, remember? So, no, the Gregorian week does not jive with Ezekiel 46:1, or Isaiah 66:23. However, the lunar week works perfectly with these instructions, because the New Moon never falls on a work day in the luni-solar week.

This lines up with the date of the giving of the law/exchange of vows/Israel renewing the covenant of their fathers with YHUH at Sinai on this date of the two month anniversary of their leaving Egypt (see Deut. 16:1 and Exodus 19:1-8), which occurred on 3-16, according to Exo 19:1. It's at the time of the full moon as well, just like the other 2 chag/pilgrimage festivals when all the males must go up to the Feasts at Jerusalem. Luke 1 suggests Messiah was born on this date/feast. If Mary conceived at the time of Gabriel's visit in the 6th month, fast forward 9 months, you come to the 3rd month. This date is also called the First Fruits of the Wheat Harvest. Yahusha is the First Fruit of those who rise, and the First Born of YHUH. The Book of Jubilees confirms this date for this feast, and it also states Isaac, a prophecy of Messiah, was born on this date/feast as well. This feast is on the 1st day of the week every year, normally a work day, but this date this month is a high, annual Sabbath, every year.

The Feast of Trumpets is still the 1st day of the 7th month, an annual Sabbath every year, and Rosh Chodesh. It is a dark, hidden day that no one knows.

The Day of Atonement is an odd one. It's the only appointed time in Lev 23 that brings fasting and self-affliction instead of feasting and celebrating. It's the only one that doesn't fall on a weekly Sabbath, or the day before or the day after it. It's on the second day of the week and the 10th day of the month.

Sukkot is mid-month and begins on the 15th of the 7th month every year, which is a high annual Sabbath and a weekly Sabbath every year. The seventh day of the week following this week is the 22nd, also a high annual Sabbath every year.

It's very easy, so easy children can do it. Oh, and the fact that Israel needed the manna to teach them the Sabbath again in the wilderness after coming out of Egypt is evidence enough that Israel has a history of forgetting the Sabbath. So much for the claim the Jewish people never forgot the Sabbath since creation. Reminds me of Romans 3:4, something about YHUH being found true and every man a liar, lol. Of course, this is a prophecy that in the last days Israel will be taught it again with his written word, His manna from heaven. More evidence that it was prophesied that Israel, including Judah, would forget the appointed times when the Temple was destroyed, all of the them, including the weekly Sabbath, can be found in Hosea 2:11 and Lamentations 2:6 as well as Jubilees 1:14. (Google or Bing it if you haven't read it or get a really good sacred names version at Halleluyahscriptures.com. Make a small donation and ask it to be sent to you.)

As far as the "transverse years", are you asking how we determine when to begin the year and how to determine which years to add a 13th month without the Jewish Rabbis telling us when to do it? It's much easier than you might think. That might be a different forum topic, but you can email me at yhuhsmessenger@gmail.com for more info if you'd like.

I'm pretty much staying out of this one, but just curious about this aspect. I can fully understand the priesthood provenance of David and Jeroboams day. By the time of Christ, the line of Aaron is nonexistent and the high priest is a political appointee presiding over a religion without a mercy seat or ark of the covenant.
I'm suggesting that the Bible suggests that Rome and the modern day Jewish Pharisees have been in cahoots since Yahusha's death. Remember, they were both involved? They are both involved in conspiracies against Him from the Sabbath to the Sacred Names. Avoid the leaven of BOTH the Pharisees AND Herod. Don't trust man's history if it can't be proven in the Bible, whether religious in nature or political. Mark 8:15 So the Gregorian week, along with the Gregorian months and years, are just that, Gregorian. There's your Jeroboam.

The transverse years are perhaps a poor choice of words. I have looked at many calendars and systems of sabbath observance. The micro observance I think I understand (6 days of work/1 of rest) as well as the count within the year. However, what I haven't found described is how you're supposed to carry your count from one year to the next. It seems that there must be a reset of the count. How does the solar year play into it? How do you account for the extra day every four years? Is it more simple than I am making it?

The transverse years are perhaps a poor choice of words. I have looked at many calendars and systems of sabbath observance. The micro observance I think I understand (6 days of work/1 of rest) as well as the count within the year. However, what I haven't found described is how you're supposed to carry your count from one year to the next. It seems that there must be a reset of the count. How does the solar year play into it? How do you account for the extra day every four years? Is it more simple than I am making it?

Ok, yes, it's really simple, and, yes, the weekly count of seven days resets every week, every month, every year. Night is a period of darkness that resets the next day. The Sabbath count to seven resets the next week. Think of the Sabbath, which means rest, or stop, as a period of darkness, or night, because we typically rest at night or in darkness. It's like a period of resting that ends one week, and then after it the next week begins with day one. So also the moon becomes dark at the New Moon conjunction, another type of rest and period of darkness that resets and divides one month and set of lunar weeks from the next one. The next month cycle begins with day one again. The same with the year. There are 48-52 complete weeks within a year, depending on whether the year has 12 or 13 months in it. Weeks do not extend into the next year just like days and months do not extend into the next year. Winter, when the daylight period becomes shorter than the night, this would be your rest period of darkness, when the land rests and renews before seedtime and harvesting begins again, and at the end of this rest period of darkness, would be your resetting of the year, months, and weeks, with the New Moon BEFORE the day after equal day/night (typically March 16-18 depending on which year and where you are at in the Northern Hemisphere).

This method causes your full moon of the first month to fall close to and after the beginning of the solar year, or equal day/night, so that you have your barley sheaf being waved after the solar year begins, so that it's abib (green and tender) in time to offer the first fruits of the barley harvest on the 23rd of the first month every year. So you are using the solar and lunar year together to create a luni-solar year based on both the sun and the moon. So a solar year is 364 days, a luni-solar year is 354 days, and the solar year is 10 days more than the luni-solar years, so that occasionally a 13th month is added to bring them back into alignment for the harvests and the feasts to stay in season.

As to the supposed 365th (or 366th in a leap year with Feb 29) day, it's just an average, and it kind of goes away unnoticed when using a luni-solar year, because there is some sway in the solar year, like I said, it can begin anywhere between March 16-18, varying from year to year, just like the length of the month has some sway in it, sometimes being 29 days long, sometimes 30, and the luni-solar year has some sway, sometimes having 12 months and sometimes 13.

When you get away from the Gregorian calendar, the man-made confusion and problems that come along with that man-made calendar (such as the International Date Line and gaining or losing a day when you cross it, like when flying back and forth from Dallas, TX to Sidney, Australia) go away.

There are Scriptures that dictate this calendar year method and they are seen in nature as well, with the dark/light cycles and work/rest cycles. YHUH does not use systems of time without reset/rest/renewal. We see it also taught in the Jubilee and Sabbath year cycles taught in Scripture, you count to 7, 7 times, for 49 years, and then the 50th year makes the 49th and 50th years double Sabbaths/rests that reset the cycles to start at year 1 again. These resets are a picture of grace. If you lose your count, you can pinpoint the rest/reset point and start the count over again on the right foot. It's a picture of return, or repentance. If you go off in sin, you lose your way, you can get back on track, back in relationship with YHUH with repentance, a return.

Thanks for the response and the info. I enjoyed your testimony and enthusiasm for following truth. I found it interesting how you noticed that oftentimes the rabbinical teachings led away from Christ. I have found this to be the case in some instances.

Back