• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Sabbath keepers or seekers only...

These are all very interesting passages and ones that I have attempted to study and discern at some length. There are a couple of things that caused me to hit a dead end with my studies with this system.

1). There is not a good correlation with the solar cycle. I realize that by the time they came back from Babylon that this appears to be the primary way that their sabbaths were observed. However, this system meshes the lunar with the solar cycles atrociously as it is only corrected every 3 to 4 years or 7 times in the course of 19 years. In my opinion, this is a very sloppy system although obviously in use after the Diaspora. I realize that there are given explanations for this, however, all of them that I've seen seem to have uninspired human intervention at the source.
2) It fails to recognize or reconcile with other less popular observances of sabbaths (post Babylon such as is mentioned in Dead Sea Scrolls) even though these other less popular systems have a much more reliable provenance being kept by the group that had come out from among the idolatrous Israelites apparently as early as Isaiah's time and using as the source for their observance the Book of Enoch and the tables which do appear to reconcile the lunar with the solar cycles much better.
3)The writers of the New Testament characterized such observance as having something to do with worshipping beguiling angels in contrast to YHWH as in Colossians 2:17 & 18 This is also borne out in much greater detail once you begin to study early christian apologists (no later than mid 2nd century) who were witnessing to practicing Jews who still observed using this system. Without exception, all of them that I have found regarded this system as worshipping angels. And this is at least 200 years-ish before the unholy alliance between pseudo-christianity and paganism.
Colossians 2:18
Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

I can appreciate that for your family you are trying to follow truth as you have found it, however at this point, for me, there are too many unsolved discrepancies for me to seriously consider this system.

Peace

Please could someone enlighten me how Ezekiel 46 is being applied? To me ch 40-48 relate to the re-establishment of the temple worship after (Messiah the) Prince has returned in glory, after the regathering of Israel and their restoration as a nation (particularly 37:21-22) and Armageddon in chapters 38-39.
So I come to Ez 46 thinking of the future age under the Melchisedek order (fulfilment of Ps 110) rather than the Levitical, which, if correct, would mean that while some elements of worship could be seen to be the same as prior ages, others would be different.

Quartus: I copied/pasted this from an earlier post I had written in this forum explaining why I was using Ezekiel 46:1 to support the luni-solar Sabbath over the Gregorian week/Sabbath. You might have missed it:

Remember Ezekiel 46:1 instructs New Moon days cannot ever fall on work days in the week. Why? It goes against the instructions about which days the gates are open or closed. Example: Let's pretend the Gregorian week is not falsehood. Let's say Tuesday was the day of the New Moon this month. Tuesday is normally a work day on the Gregorian calendar, right? But the instructions in Ezekiel 46:1 say that the gates are to be closed on work days, and open on New Moon days. So if Tuesday is the New Moon, are the gates to be open for worship on the New Moon or closed for the work day? Six days you shall work, remember? So, no, the Gregorian week does not jive with Ezekiel 46:1, or Isaiah 66:23. However, the lunar week works perfectly with these instructions, because the New Moon never falls on a work day in the luni-solar week.

Yes, Ezekiel 46 is about the future Temple. Yes, Isaiah 66:23 says that in the future, ALL MANKIND, not just Israel, will go to worship Him on Sabbaths and New Moons. My point is the Gregorian week will obviously not be in use at that time, nor was it in use in the beginning, to pinpoint the Sabbath day, the seventh day of the week. In the beginning, the lights in the heavens were used, see Genesis 1:14 and Psalm 104:19. The Gregorian week is called the Gregorian week for a reason. Ever heard of Pope Gregory XIII, the person who first introduced the Gregorian calendar? I guess the Protestants didn't protest against all things Catholic, did they?

I don't know if I will be popping back into this forum, but if you still have questions about the point I'm making, you can message me on this site or email me. I believe I posted the email we use on an earlier post in this forum:

Sorry that has missed my point completely.
We are agreed that IS 66:23 and Ezek 46 are about the future.
The only way we can say the information given about the future is the same as the information given about the past is if we have the same information given about the past AND the future.
But if the information had been given about the past (to say that it was the same), then you wouldn't need to quote information specifically about the future to prove a point about the past.

Gregory will not have any greater relevance in the future than he did in the time of Moses

Back