• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Salvation Election/depravity Discussion by KR and DTT

Well, we have several options of who to study from in book form:

A.W. Pink
Wayne Grudem
Millard J. Erickson
Lewis Sperry Chafer
Robert Lightner
or even many others

I don't think they would agree with the statement that they do not believe people can make free choices.

Again, this is why I think it would so you some good to study the doctrine of sin from one or more fo these fine teachers and doctors of the word.

For example, if I were to bet, I would imagine you are not familiar with the two terms: compatabilist free-will and libertarian free-will. The issue is not does one believe in free-will or no free-will, but rather what type of freedom does the will have and to what degree is it free? From where does an impulse or desire arise from and to which direction will it go according to its own nature? Other questions that come up from a direct study of the Word will be explored. All of this can be discussed and seen as the reading is done and discussion takes place.

Dr. Raegean, and I, both personally (yep I just volunteeered you Dr. :D ) would even be willing to meet you in online discussions to walk with you as you go through the readings and to discuss the material.

I suppose we would simply copy and mail to you sections from the books if you so desire. Then we could set up a time to discuss what has been read and to talk about it from the Bible.

If that works send me in a PM you address and we'll go from there.

Give me time to think about it and hopefully I will get back to you, if I do not get back to you with an answer in a month send me an email and remind me. It is hard to choose which book and I am supposed to be studying for my Thesis.

Back