• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

School Shooters

People are attracted to be a part of something larger than themselves. They also like being famous.
The idea that kids with weak consciences are attracted to being a part of the School Riot Movement is truely chilling.
So, do we have our own version of the Palestinian suicide bomber brewing? Instead of 40 virgins, you get 40 million views on social media?

There is only one reason for school shootings - Satan.
There is a spiritual war going on, and the reasons you all have listed are symptoms of that. Those symptoms if not taken care of lead to death which is Satan's goal.
I know this sounds really simple and it's much more interesting to pull it apart and attack the symptoms, but really the whole problem lies here:
The lack of a respect for God and the human life that was made in His image
Once that is fixed it won't matter if they come from a broken family, if they're on meds, or anything else, because once they can recognise YHWH's law and the whispers of the enemy there won't be a problem anymore.

Sarah, that's certainly the underlying root cause, so we have to keep that in mind. But there are real time problems we have to solve for which the damage of the underlying causes has already been done. Much of this is centered around how we train up the next generation, and as a culture we have failed miserably at that for several generations now.

So saying it's really simple or that you've identified the whole problem is a little simplistic, along the lines of telling someone with lung cancer "the simple underlying problem is that you shouldn't have smoked cigarettes". The solution is along the lines of "what are we going to do now to keep the patient from dying?". Stopping smoking is certainly on the list, but it's not the whole solution.

Ya. We had Godless kids for generations before we had school shootings. There's a little more to it than that.

One data point I might add is that the Austin bomber's family was/is in our Christian homeschool social circle. They seem like a really great family. My daughter has spent the night at their house. Just a couple of weeks ago we pitched in with some yardwork at their house to show them that God is faithful and we wanted to be their faithful friends too and not abandon them in their greatest time of sorrow and pain. I really have no idea what happened to that poor boy to make him behave that way. Demon possession? I do know that no families are perfect and while parents have a huge influence, some of it has to fall back on the kid going his own way.

This new shooter, I'm seeing reports that everyone was surprised he did this; not like him. That is quite unlike most other incidents such as the recent one in Florida where everyone was trying to get the authorities (including the FBI) to act yet none would.

I'm still pondering the 'slow motion riot'. The more people do it, the more the threshold will be lowered, and the more people who would have considered it unthinkable will think about it.

One data point I might add is that the Austin bomber's family was/is in our Christian homeschool social circle. They seem like a really great family. My daughter has spent the night at their house. Just a couple of weeks ago we pitched in with some yardwork at their house to show them that God is faithful and we wanted to be their faithful friends too and not abandon them in their greatest time of sorrow and pain. I really have no idea what happened to that poor boy to make him behave that way. Demon possession? I do know that no families are perfect and while parents have a huge influence, some of it has to fall back on the kid going his own way.

I read he had renounced his faith and was experimenting with homosexuality.

This article puts the blame on toxic masculinity (frustrated, low status men not getting sex).

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/21/santa-fe-mass-shooting-misogyny
I've been around enough anti-SJW youtube videos to recognize the author (Jessica Vallenti) as being a fanatic feminist. You could've told me her name, and I'd would've known she'd blame it on toxic masculinity. That's like saying "Here's an article by Marx that blames $[social_problem] on the bourgiose class."

But let's assume for a moment that she's correct, that the problem is men feeling entitled to sex, and not getting it. I think that's a way overly simplistic lens -- not least of all because she had to strech back nearly to a decade to list 4 incidents (edit: and also because @Slumberfreeze didn't kill anyone) -- but it might be one contributing factor. First off, I'm not certain that qualifies as "misogyny", strictly speaking, since it actually places value on women, but I won't argue semantics here.

What I want to focus on is that, even within this conception of the problem, the solution offered is insufficient. If we're going to speak about women, via an economic metaphor, as not being an entitlement, then we can't just teach men not to feel entitled. That's like telling a poor person they shouldn't feel entitled to the the fruits of someone else's labor. It may be true (unless you're a Marxist), but It doesn't help the poor person become a productive member of society. They have to be taught how to work hard, save, and earn a living.

Similarly, we would have to teach men how to earn women (again, I'm speaking within her own conception of the problem). That would mean men need male mentors teaching them how to do this -- in a word, fathers.

Or, in lieu of them, idk... maybe male dating coaches? Pickup artists? Did a feminist just prove the necessity of PUA's? :eek::p

Back