• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Seducing Spirits and Teachings from Demons

Earth_is-

Male
1 Timothy 4:1-3

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 “””They forbid people to marry””””3E3BC3AF-3E8B-46A6-8CDD-F8D593C490A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Because I like the smell of stirred....stuff.

Are the teachings from demons or of demons?

Once upon a time people believed that demons were the souls of men who had died. Some were good and helped mankind, some were evil and sought to do harm. Eventually belief in good demons faded away.

Yeshua did not come to condemn the world, and He didn't tell people they were barking up an empty tree. When they accused him of casting out evil spirits by "Babylonion dung god" he just pointed out that a house divided against itself cannot stand....and so either way the kingdom of heaven had come unto them.

*Shrugs*

It's a deception that Scripture says comes from demonic spirits. Almost every single translation I've come across in-correctly translates "γυναῖκα" to "woman." But that same Greek word is translated properly to "wife" in almost every other instance. A woman is technically a wife as well. But do you see the deception? These are one of the verses used to attack polygamy, and condemn men as sinners for wishing to take care of women and children through marriage.

The New Matthew Bible is the only I've seen that properly translates this verse to wife:

Matthew 5:28
But I say to you that whosoever looks on a wife, lusting after her, has committed adultery with her already in his heart.

This Bible came before the KJV, and the man (William Tyndale) that translated the Greek into English (NMB) was martyred not long after.

It's a deception that Scripture says comes from demonic spirits. Almost every single translation I've come across in-correctly translates "γυναῖκα" to "woman." But that same Greek word is translated properly to "wife" in almost every other instance. A woman is technically a wife as well. But do you see the deception? These are one of the verses used to attack polygamy, and condemn men as sinners for wishing to take care of women and children through marriage.

The New Matthew Bible is the only I've seen that properly translates this verse to wife:

Matthew 5:28
But I say to you that whosoever looks on a wife, lusting after her, has committed adultery with her already in his heart.

This Bible came before the KJV, and the man (William Tyndale) that translated the Greek into English (NMB) was martyred not long after.
This mistranslation is not only "anti polygamy". It certainly is that.

It is also commonly used against men desiring women in general. All sorts of decent Christian men are wrongly taught that having any sort of sexual desire for any woman is adultery of the heart.

That isn't what Christ meant. He was certainly talking about sexually desiring a woman married to another man.

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 “””They forbid people to marry””””View attachment 5136

PSALM 119:97-104

Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.
98 Your commands are always with me
and make me wiser than my enemies.
99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
for I meditate on your statutes.
100 I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey your precepts.
101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
so that I might obey your word.
102 I have not departed from your laws,
for you yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 I gain understanding from your precepts;
therefore I hate every wrong path.

I love King Jesus. The Master says once you have the truth - the truth shall set you free. I believe this implies to freedom from the bondage of religion as well.

Oh, how I love your law!

I love King Jesus. The Master says once you have the truth - the truth shall set you free. I believe this implies to freedom from the bondage of religion as well.
And none of us has all of the truth, so we shouldn’t assume that we are 100% free of the bandage of religion either.

And none of us has all of the truth, so we shouldn’t assume that we are 100% free of the bandage of religion either.
I don’t think anyone can claim they know it all. But I do know one thing. God loves a humbled heart, because it’s written the humbled man is exalted. But the exalted man is humbled.

Look at the Apostle Peter - he spent 3.5 years with Christ as an Apostle; and even he had errors that had to be corrected (gentile unclean people).

Oh, how I love your law!

I'm cautious of the vitriol that is had of the word 'religion' these days. Christians and the world alike, both hate the word. Whereas in scripture it is spoken of in good light.

“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1‬:‭27‬

“If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1‬:‭26‬

Everyone wants to be "spiritual" but not religious. Anything but religious. I'm a little weary of being opposed to religion, and I see it as a popular trend in thought that may have further ramifications down the line.

Sure it sounds right to say, "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual" like the hippies of the 70's, but is that biblical? Shouldn't we be religious, as those two verses point to, while also being spiritual solely due to the holy spirit within us?

I'm cautious of the vitriol that is had of the word 'religion' these days. Christians and the world alike, both hate the word. Whereas in scripture it is spoken of in good light.

“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”

“If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.”

Everyone wants to be "spiritual" but not religious. Anything but religious. I'm a little weary of being opposed to religion, and I see it as a popular trend in thought that may have further ramifications down the line.

Sure it sounds right to say, "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual" like the hippies of the 70's, but is that biblical? Shouldn't we be religious, as those two verses point to, while also being spiritual solely due to the holy spirit within us?
By todays meaning, the guys who put Yeshua on the cross were very religious.
It means devout, but people of other faiths (some of whom would have our heads) are also religious.
So I side with those who dislike the term.

Religion "towards" God the Father. Some translations even translate this to 'worship or ministry." But that means building your rock on King Jesus. If you build your rock on religion "towards" men - your loyalty and beliefs can be severely impacted. I will show some examples from Scripture:

John 12:42
Many people did believe in him, however, including some of the Jewish leaders. But they wouldn’t admit it for fear that the Pharisees would expel them from the synagogue.

John 7:13
Yet no one would speak publicly about Him for fear of the Jews.

John 9:22
His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jews. For the Jews had already determined that anyone who confessed Jesus as the Christ would be put out of the synagogue.

Psalm 56:4
In God I will praise His word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

What would the modern day religious figures in the church say about Abraham, Jacob, David, Moses, and Gideon having multiple wives? Would they kick them out until they've 'repented' of their own version of adultery? Do they leave the door wide open for homosexuals?

What would the modern day religious figures in the church say about Abraham, Jacob, David, Moses, and Gideon having multiple wives? Would they kick them out until they've 'repented' of their own version of adultery? Do they leave the door wide open for homosexuals?
Well with the first verse I used, about the notion of there being such thing as pure and undefiled religion, I'd have to say that the modern day religious figures are not exercising that pure and undefiled religion. To answer your questions straight to the point.

But I won't throw the baby out with the bath water and say that religion therefore is evil, like modern day Christians do. I just don't see that as a biblical route to take, because there are verses supporting the opposite conclusion. All I'm saying is that I am wary of being "anti-religious" like practically everyone is today. I question that way of thinking, and am in doubt of its true purpose.

Is forming a hatred for religion's true motive to drive the secular world against us? Like how they burn down churches and cathedrals, in the name of religion? Or how the commies in their manifesto make religion specifically, their enemy?

In saying this it doesn't mean that I side with pharisees or the snobby prudent folk who have bad doctrine, whom some may call religious. I simply believe that there is such thing as pure and undefiled religion, because the scriptures say it, that it does exist and it isn't a bad thing to be that type of religious, but probably good.

Last edited:
Back