• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

seeking you thoughts

Hey, thank you so very much @FollowingHim. For those who wish to read and comment.... thank you.
Not bad. On the last paragraph of page 5 or 6 you say that one of your points is "obvious". Personal preference thinks you should avoid that term

Do you have citations for some of your info? If it's just for interested friends, it's pretty good. If you plan to submit it for publishing, you will need a few citations.

Nice work.

* Note: there are some threads on here that give different viewpoints on what constitutes a marriage (sex, covenant, possession, etc). You may want to consult those.

We see it this way; 430 yrs before Jesus, God gave direction through Malachi to adhere to the laws and standards as given to Moses. 400 yrs before that, the Romans were already worshiping their gods of marriage, Juno and Jupiter. Juno being the queen of Heaven and Jupiter being a Baal god that was worshiped as the supreme god of all other gods. So when Jesus spoke, he had to either stand with his Father and adhere to the standards of the Mosaic law and thus accept polygamy, concubinage and monogamy OR stand with the queen of heaven (Juno) and a Baal god (Jupiter) and require only monogamy with the total rejection of polygamy and concubinage.

Thank you very much @Aussies for this insight because I have personally encountered arguments against polygyny, in part based on the practise of the Roman government which legislated for monogamy only. At the time I didn't think to look into why monogamy would be the Roman law so this has been a much appreciated insight that helps equip me for future debate. It also gives me a better understanding into the Roman Catholic religion outlawing polygyny at Trent in 1563. It would therefore seem all the more important to warn Christians against supporting/promoting a law established by secular government and apostate religion, and which rejects the truth of God's word.

This all makes perfect sense. True religion is about the future, not the present. By contrast, false priests (as distinct from the false religion they invent) are not about the future, but want money sex and power NOW in their lifetimes. Since teaching monogamy and abrogating polygamy increases the supply of girls for temple prostitution while at the same time increasing the demand for it, it would be extremely good for "business".

Christ’s last message to us specifically warns us that the influence of this paganism from OT times found its way into the early church in the first century (Balaam/Jezebel Rev 2:14,20,12). This would grow in an apostate church that would forbid to marry (1Tim 4:3) and warrant the description Rev_17:5 "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH". (caps are from the KJV).

@Aussies do you have some further reading on the Baal associations to this please? Tracing the origins back that far seems the basis of a really useful argument.

Last edited:
@Aussies do you have some further reading on the Baal associations to this please? Tracing the origins back that far seems the basis of a really useful argument.

If I have done it right there should be an attachment below. This is a book that we self published. The purpose was not to do a great literary work but rather to present the best argument we could. The reason we chose to publish it was simply so that it was out there and thus if any thing happened to us then the material would still be available.
The title is
"Does the bible condone polygamy?' The exposing of a slanderous lie that has been laid at the feet of both Jesus Christ and his disciples." by J A Farmer
We posted one to the BF postal address and were going to wait until it had been read before posting it here. However in view of your request, here is our best attempt in giving clarity to the subject. We hope you find some of our thinking a little different to what you have heard before, but solidly based in scripture.
If it should be deemed appropriate we would like to post it some where on this site so that anyone on this site can get it for free when ever they like. But we don't know how to do that, so for a start we will post it here.

Have a read if you can. We would love your feed back.

Attachments

• does the bible condone polygamy.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Yes,got it, thank you very much indeed. I'll read some tonight.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to read your book. May I forward the pdf to my wife for her to read, please?

Thank you frederick for taking the time to read the material. I would be pleased for you to forward it to your wife and indeed any one else you feel could benefit from it.

Do you have citations for some of your info? If it's just for interested friends, it's pretty good. If you plan to submit it for publishing, you will need a few citations.

Hi Mojo, just wondering.... what particular places would you recommend citations? Cheers

Oh gosh, I forgot specifics.

Any time you cite historical facts or sources, tell us where you got it from. Most of your sources are biblical, so no need there (unless you use a copyrighted version).

Duuuude!!! @Aussies ... I'm totally jacking your book bro! ... If that's cool with you? Half way through it at work and loving it... well done work sir. Looking forward to forwarding it to my wife and a couple close friends if you don't mind?

Duuuude!!! @Aussies ... I'm totally jacking your book bro! ... If that's cool with you? Half way through it at work and loving it... well done work sir. Looking forward to forwarding it to my wife and a couple close friends if you don't mind?
Sorry about not posting this around 12 months ago, life happens! If you haven't already done so that would be fine, I would like to see the info sent to whoever will read it, I believe the subject is important but sadly most will never see it unless it is placed right in front of them.
I am very pleased you enjoyed it.

I'm was not under the impression that this changed. The Pharisees brought it up to him. It may have fallen out of favor. Or even outlawed by Romans.
When he said I haven't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. "Fulfill" is to bring to highest expression.
So if there was a change, it went from just biological brothers to brethren.
In other words, this widow should not be single among you.

LOVE this. Never thought about it this way.

@Aussies totally enjoyed your book. I was especially challenged seeing the connection between the pagan Queen of Heaven (aka Ashtoreth, Hera, June) and monogamy-only teaching. That is so obvious now that you point it out, but was hidden to me. Thanks!!

Back