• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Sept. 23 Signs in the heavens

I'm confident that if we see anything tomorrow, it will certainly not be "Nibiru." If it were indeed barreling toward us, it would already be the brightest object in the sky, with the possible exception of the moon. Tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy preaching the Gospel at church and resting from my labors (crazy week). If the Lord does decide to come back, even better! But...I'm still working on my talk for tomorrow (just in case :)).

Did I miss the rapture??? Or is it later. Do I have time to shower? There's a few folk around here who have gotten all worked up about today. I always figured it would happened when it happened. It's on God's time schedule.

If it happened, I didn't make the cut either. ;)

<yawn>

Looking like just another day at the office around here....

It's the 24th here already. No rapture, no disasters, and the election actually worked out as good as could be expected so far (still negotiating to do and could go bad, I'm just really hoping it doesn't).
Good as could be expected isn't 'good' btw, it's just hopefully preventing 'terrible disaster'.
We're still here anyway, still having to deal with the system.

I'm not a social media type, and Ive been busy raising a family, so this whole thing caught me by surprise.
I slept through Y2K. Did that turn out okay?:rolleyes:

I'm not a social media type, and Ive been busy raising a family, so this whole thing caught me by surprise.
My dad ended up with too much money in his account and no idea how it got there. He rung the bank and they said they'd had quite a few glitches and would sort it out. Good thing he's honest, imagine being the person who lost that money out of their account!
No planes fell out of the sky, though there were some pretty awesome fireworks.
Also, I was 16, so I might not remember anything that didn't relate directly to me as a teenager. Pretty sure computers didn't destroy everything. Totally not ruling computers and robots doing that in the future though.

The main takeaway from Y2K was that money center banks got to spend billions of their shareholders' money on computer upgrades, so there's that....

And IIRC the government was no slouch in spending taxpayers' money, either (or incurring more debt for our children or grandchildren to default on).

Good times!

And...the dried food companies, generator companies, and bottled water companies.........all made a killing.

16 years old? Boy, you just made me feel a little older than I remembered I was:mad:

I was sitting in my barracks with a couple of battle buddies saying if the lights go out we hit the swamp and disapear. They'll have no record we were ever here. The lights stayed on I reported for CQ and life continued as normal. Just like today.

I'm confident that if we see anything tomorrow, it will certainly not be "Nibiru." If it were indeed barreling toward us, it would already be the brightest object in the sky, with the possible exception of the moon. Tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy preaching the Gospel at church and resting from my labors (crazy week). If the Lord does decide to come back, even better! But...I'm still working on my talk for tomorrow (just in case :)).
I like how for you preaching at church is "rest".
We only have a biweekly service and for me, the day after service day is like a Sabbath for me.
Did I miss the rapture??? Or is it later. Do I have time to shower? There's a few folk around here who have gotten all worked up about today. I always figured it would happened when it happened. It's on God's time schedule.
Haha true. Here in Philippines it's already Sept 24th so we are safe!
You all may still be screwed though.
I love living in the future....

The Biblical Families Y2K Grief Recovery Group meets Thursday evenings at 8:30 in the Fellowship Hall, right after the Forum Addiction Recovery Group....

I'm sorry guys but I'm going to have to ask you not to talk about Y2K. It's too soon. Too fresh. The disappointment still hurts too much. I had two thousand rounds of ammunition and big dreams and it all his was a big nothing...
2k rounds of ammo sound like a good weekend at the range. How was that a letdown?:eek:

Back