• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Serious Question: Should a wife write a personal for her Husband?

I applaud you for your bravery... especially for when your husband finds out! ;)

All kidding aside, I pray that your efforts find exactly the right sw for you both!

Thank you for sharing your encouragement and success sister in Christ!

Luke 18:1-8 shows the power of a persistent woman... keep on praying and don't ever give up!!!!

Its up to us that when the Son of Man comes He finds faith on this earth.

Ok as a Husband who has had one written for him I think I'm in a unique potion here. First be prepared. It's been a headache. There's about a 4-2-1 response. For every 1 who actually reads behind the Intro, In my case she wrote Seeking a Second W!fe, and understands a what a plural marriage is and it's biblical foundation you will have 2 women sending vulgar pictures and asking about "group activities", and 4 women sending you hate mail. Take the equations in reverse I had 9 replies from women that understand what the personal was saying, 17 who want inappropriate relations and 37 angry women and this is day 2. If your going to do this be prepared so you don't get blindsided.

It might be interesting to have the wives create a personal ad for their husbands as a practical exercise using a report card template or something like that. I wonder what subjects I'd get an "F" in! It might be enlightening to see what is most important to her and how well we're doing in those areas.

It might be interesting to have the wives create a personal ad for their husbands as a practical exercise using a report card template or something like that. I wonder what subjects I'd get an "F" in! It might be enlightening to see what is most important to her and how well we're doing in those areas.
Idk, can't I be allowed to retain what little dignity that I have?

Scary prospect. Do you envision curve grades?

I have a few suggestions for anyone thinking about personals. First do not use your primary email address as a point of contact. Make sure that when you place your ad that they have a go between email. Invest in a reverse look up app there's a few that allow you to to search names, avatar names and links them to emails, phone numbers, social networks like face book, and other records aswell as GPS locators. Be aware that these same apps can be used to find you. I found an app that also allows you to see who is veiwing your face book and not posting. The term sister wife is now being used to say that you want a kept mistress. Btw if anyone who has my phone number or email address can't get a hold of me its because I decided to go ahead and change them.

Even if you post locally online it is available to everyone evreywhere. The internet has no borders. You shouldn't be surprised when FLDS members start to contact you. You might be when Muslim women start though. You might want to be specific if you want to exclude these groups. There difference between personal ad sites like Craig's list and dating sites.

The angry stuff keeps coming in but it seems like it's dying down. The misinterpitation of Seeking a Second wife continues. I've been getting emails from women seeking a monogamous relationship. It seems they read the Header and assume I'm divorced or widowed and message me with out even reading the personal. Lots and lots and lots of scammers. I am talking now to one lady. She understood that I want a slow but steady time of getting to know each other. Im thinking of taking this a little farther. If I do then I'm going to set up profiles on monogamous dating sites in the next couple of days just to see the responses. I'll be turning my life into a social experiment. I hope someone gets some use out of it.

Last edited:
Praying for you brother! I guarantee you everything you learn and share will be useful.

I open an a count on match.com I had to ooriginally say in the start up under marital status seperated but in the about me I explained all. 4 email responses in 7 hrs 1 is interested 3 are curious no hostility so far. I got 9 likes from women but they did not respond with an email like the others. I assume they want to be pursued. Any suggestions for other sites? I'll keep updating as imortant. You can state dealbreakers on the set up.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for other sites? I'll keep updating.

This is everything (successful) we have learn and gladly share... hopefully it will be viewed useful:)

First: To weed out 90% of the casual skimmers who don't read (and then judge you for their carelessness), make sure that the primary photo you use is of "You and your Whole Family Together":)

Second: Expect far less responses, as the shallow appearance focused crowd will automatically bypass your listing, "if they are not family focused"!

Third: Try posting on Polygamy Lifestyle, Polygamist Community, and similar plural focused dating sites...

We have had great responses from those who take the time to read, and who truly care about family...

Went to meet a wonderful precious soul yesterday, for Dinner and a planetarium show at our local college.

(God Is Good!)

Best fortune to your Family in Christ,
and may He Bless you with just the right person,
as he sees you serving Him:)

First my wife and I would like to say we're happy to hear things are moving for yall. We have been posting on one plural focus sight. We tried a few others but saw that almost all The profiles were dead accounts and when we asked if they could show us a list of active members we were booted and our money refunded. The picture we post had been of my wife and I. I don't like posting pictures of my children. We have in the past a couple of times but I felt weird so I'll have to take that one up stairs. I have found most reply without full understanding. On the Poly site there's been hot, cold talk or I want to move in today attitude towards developing relationships. If they can't maintain prolong conversations over a respectable period of time I question what there really doing. The same goes for an 2 hour conversations that end in I love you when can I move in. I'm actually good with getting less responses if it is someone actually serious or even just wants information. The thing is now that Jessica put me out on Craigslist, a Mistake, and I got the responses which only one turned out not to be confused, a scammer, or a woman who hates men. I have been wondering about the Monosites and what people are really looking for. I may be wrong but I don't believe most people put up personals or Profiles to find Love. I believe it's more about companionship, security and facing the uncertainty of not finding love. Those of us lucky enough to marry for love are truely Blessed but just because you don't marry for love doesn't mean your not blessed. My great grandfather traded mules for my great grandmother without ever meeting her. They lived a long and joyful life together without ever being in love in the romantic sense. I am wondering how many woman on these singles dating sites just want companionship,security, a family and are able to see the benifits of plural marriage.

Last edited:
Match.com even blocked canceled my account refunded the money.when I emailed them they said it was because they do not approve of polygamy. They said it was there normal security checks that turned up my profile not any complaints.

My wife was asking me if we should put a profile on Christian mingle. I have thought about it. I'll look for an opportunity on Varies Christian forums any suggestions. POF is almost as bad as Craigslist when it comes to scammers and 2 hr conversations that end up with Lets do this when can I move in. They don't know me from Adam I could be some psycho killer and they want to meet up. Also the women there don't fully read the profiles.

Last edited:
Also the women there don't fully read the profiles.
That's probably the case with most of those sorts of sites. But the advantage with the forums, like this one here at BF, is that you engage people in conversations and get to know a little about how he/she is thinking before things get personal. If you do a search, you'll find quite a few forums to get involved on. My recommendation would be not to spread yourself too thin. By that I mean, look for one or two good forums to be involved with and become "known" among the posters, and build relationships. It works. ;)

If you do a search, you'll find quite a few forums to get involved on. My recommendation would be not to spread yourself too thin.

What forum sites have you found that motivate members to connect in something other than opinion (groups truly "seeking" to grow their family)???

I take it by you saying, "it works" that you found a site that is geared towards family growing... very interested:cool:

The thing that we've found with most forums is that (like your James quote, that our family loves too) many have heard, speak, and value the word, and are always willing to share the word... which is always a good start... :)

Thank you for doing the leg work, Brother... I hope you'll share the sites you've found! Very encouraging news! :cross:

Would there be a category for "spends too much time on BiblicalFamilies.org?" :p

Back