• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Shall we form our own community?

Are you kidding? I already brought one....you can come live on it if you behave! ;)

B

Water World!
a place where a person who is fixated on capturing wives could drag....ahh....spirit them off to. ;)

a little spendy for me :D

Probably a very good concept at work there. It is the same ideology in a seed form that produced Colonial America and then the United States.

Sign me up. :lol:

Such a Utopian dream! Unfortunately such an experiment would be totally defenseless against any would be aggressor, (think Somali pirates). The only means of security would be to rely upon the nearest and largest military power. Seclusion for believers has never worked for long because of the god of this world. It seems our Lord wants us to be salt and light in this present world, reflecting His glory in the midst of trials. But we can dream....

I don't think such a community would be totally defenseless. If it was established outside any existing government jurisdiction, then weapons regulations would be up to the individuals. As for me and my house, we would certainly be armed. And regarding Somali pirates, I would have thought a 50 cal or two mounted on each of the islands would deter all but the most determined of them. And if they had to fight to take each individual island, it would not be worth their while. Pirates would move onto easier pickings, like unarmed oil tankers. ylop

A problem I just thought of is that each new "country" would have an International territorial boundary of 2oo miles. That means that they all would need to be separated by at least 200 miles unless they were interested in entering a treaty with other communities sharing the territory.

Ok then it could be a United Libertarian States of the Atlantic (or Pacific or whatever ocean they are in). That too would resolve them being isolated and alone. In multiples their military strength would be stronger.

Yes! A miniature model of the United States with a constitution that is actually observed by the governing body.

What a concept, following the Constitution!! :idea:

Back