• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Silly patriarchs are the enemy of all right thinking people

Re: Silly patriarchs are the enemy of all right thinking peo

I wouldn't jump so quick to judge them. So, the Moslem Brotherhood is running conservative pre-marriage courses? Good on them! We need MORE conservative pre-marriage courses! Where else in the world will you find a formal pre-marriage course that accepts polygyny?

So, the Moslem Brotherhood teaches that men are to be the head of the home? Good on them. That's just what the Bible teaches. They support head coverings for women? Plenty of Christians do too.

So, they provide financial support for struggling households, and finance weddings for poor people? Sounds really generous of them. They have a matchmaking service? Click on the Resources tab above and you'll find we've got one too.

Three out of the 21 aides for the president are women? Most large corporations wouldn't have a women:men ratio as high as that - the highest levels at my company are entirely filled with men, and that's in a state-owned company that prizes equality in the workplace. There's nothing wrong with that, there just aren't as many women interested in pushing to that level of employment as men. If we truly believe in equality, then we should accept that a man can do the job just as well as a woman... :roll:

A woman's achievements at home, raising a family, are actually more important than formal employment? I wish more Christians would have the guts to say that.

The Moslem Brotherhood is a very dangerous organisation. They exist to further the ultimate goal of Islam - which is to place the entire world under the rule of an Islamic caliphate. They are probably going to be instrumental in the final war against Israel, should that be approaching. There is a lot we could criticise them on, but being patriarchal is the last thing we should be hassling them about.

I can't criticise Moslems for saying a wife should obey her husband, because then I'd be a hypocrite for expecting my wife to obey me, as instructed clearly in the Bible.

Back