• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Singles in relation to married people

I do not think I have seen a thread on how families with more than one wife influence the single people around them. Do you think they have a different way or impact on culture and society in particular people who are single. In comparison to those who have only one wife.
We just do our best to live in such a way that they become jealous?

Why would the single people become jealous?
If we set a good enough example, they may be drawn to follow it.

Frankly, it was the best answer that I could come up with, however inadequate.

If we set a good enough example, they may be drawn to follow it.

Frankly, it was the best answer that I could come up with, however inadequate.
But it is true, so many lack a good example of monogamous parents, godly, loving examples of how to be a good Husband or wife. Those who practice Polygyny do follow the Bible as an example of a good marriage..... ok most of the time.

I can promise you that singles observe a great marriage with a certain amount of envy and wishing that they can have that too. Two of my three younger brothers waited til they found someone like my @Well loved wife to marry. The third did not originally but eventually found one. Extended family as well as singles and young married couples in churches have all requested advice and council because of the example they’ve seen in our lives.

You wanna have an impact in the next generation? Marry a great wife, be a great husband, raise great kids and help others figure out how to have what God blessed you with.

I can promise you that singles observe a great marriage with a certain amount of envy and wishing that they can have that too. Two of my three younger brothers waited til they found someone like my @Well loved wife to marry. The third did not originally but eventually found one. Extended family as well as singles and young married couples in churches have all requested advice and council because of the example they’ve seen in our lives.

You wanna have an impact in the next generation? Marry a great wife, be a great husband, raise great kids and help others figure out how to have what God blessed you with.
Well said!
Our children have had really zero interest in "dating" but are family minded and interested in marrying.
Who, interested in building a family, would ever want a "girlfriend" or "boyfriend"?
The scripture says he who finds a WIFE finds a good thing and obtains favor of the lord. Can't find a single verse that mentions a (modern especially) girlfriend in a positive light.
Just sayin'....

know that my daughter and sons see my example bc I can see bits and pieces in their lives.
There are so few examples of healthy, God honoring, marriages anymore. So few big families, or families that do life together.
Then add that factor people can't wrap their minds around....a two (or more) wife family, and they have to try and make you somehow weird. Maybe they don't want to think that something so incomprehensible to them is normal. That might leave them facing the possibility their own hearts and minds are scarred or their view skewed and limited somehow?

It was getting to know our family, and liking what she saw that let @serenesprings decide this might be a good idea.
It takes something rare to consider living a life you've never seen.
I'm not sure what those needed elements are, faith, vision, courage? Or was it just being faced with someone('s) that had so much to offer that the future you can see is worth going for?
I always believed this would be better for me then being the only wife....and that I would be better too.
Life really is sweeter shared!

@Mizlinakate welcome to the site. I encourage you to post a short introduction in the Introduction Thread. Hope you find some good information here.

Back