• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Site Maintenance and Updates

andrew

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Hey, all. Periodically, I will be updating software for the website or adding content (same goes for Nathan and the forum software). If you ever come to the website and your display seems jacked up somehow, please first clear your browser cache to see if that restores order. The most likely explanation for why a site that looked okay yesterday looks funky today is going to be "Andrew's been messing with the site again...".

If "clearing your cache" sounds like gobbledegook: All web browser software will store information about frequently loaded pages on your computer (in a "cache") in an effort to speed up your page load times, and the browser will only check every once in awhile to see if anything has changed. Sometimes you get partial updates and conflicts, and weirdness ensues.

In Firefox, the drill is Options > Advanced > Network > Clear Now. Other browsers will be something similar, so you can poke around and hunt it down, or google instructions for your browser.

For the record, this update included a nifty new search utility, an improvement to the display of the pull-down menus, some miscellaneous Safari/iOS display issue fixes, some mobile display enhancements, and some bug fixes.

Now... If you clear your cache and that doesn't solve the problem, please PM me ASAP to let me know what's gone wrong, and I'll get on it as soon as I can.

Back