• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Over the many years, I have lost so many friends. It has made it harder and harder to develop new friendships, to love new people. This time, I have lost two friendships too many, or at least the nature of the friendship is lost, and must be so.

I can't do that anymore. I don't have the capacity. No new friendships. No more. A natural side effect, I suppose: I am done with opening my heart to people to that extent and thus need to distance myself from this group as I can't risk hope any longer.

It has been real chatting with you all, and I appreciate the advice and wisdom I have benefited from during my stay. If any of you need to reach me for any reason:

Shawmatthewr@yahoo.com

I very much doubt I will ever log on this site again, even to check farewell replies if anyone even feels so inclined after reading the fact that I won't be checking in.

Good bye, and God bless you all and your families.

Matthew Shaw

Shalom Matthew, be well.

Hey everyone,

I have had some time to take stock of some things and have realized that I can't simply close myself off to new friendships. I don't believe that is what the Messiah would have me to do.

I am not usually known for being dramatic. Nor do I believe I was merely being dramatic. I genuinely still feel a real resistance to the idea of opening my heart to trust people to the point where they can hurt me.

Even so, that is no way to live. I have to be bigger than that. We all do, I suppose.

Thanks to those of you who reached out to me via email. Thanks to you who posted here. Thanks for those who have lifted me up in prayer.

I appreciate your kindness.

I am not seeking additional wives for myself, nor do I think I ever will, but I believe more firmly every day that the institution is such a powerful tool that the enemy of everything good is violently opposed to it. I will stand in support of you all. I will advocate for the truth. I will stand by any one of you who are attacked for this rightly Biblical doctrine and practice.

Aaaaaand I will try to not allow myself to get too afraid to open myself up to people enough to be hurt by them and get all dramatic and sign off again.

barukh haba akhi!

Glad you're feeling stronger, and I hope some of the friendships you open yourself up to build you up, and encourage you. :)

I have been politically incorrect my whole life. Having been the "square peg" in many places and groups, I developed early a philosophical view that holds that friends that leave over my beliefs were obviously never friends in the first place!

I like the saying "Be who you are and say what you feel (or believe) because the people that mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind."

In this modern time where support of many sins is politically correct, and supported as freedom or free speech, good folks standing up for Biblical morals should in all "fairness" be defended by all.
That would be my arguing point with those without faith. The rest of us are already on your side. ;)

Pull up a chair brudda. We've been waiting for you.

Welcome back.

Back