• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

So. .... what would be considered cheating for the female?

If I'm going to throw a stone at anyone (figuratively) I prefer to use only biblical definitions. Other definitions seem to be bursting with cultural implications and pop psychology.

Just my 2¢
Couldn't have said it better! Man tends to pervert everything. I look at things very logically. My wife will say extremely. If something I'm doing is not giving me the right results, then I need to "root cause" why. I will keep going back until I get to the root. Then I start again from there. We as believers "see" an error, then we need to get back to the original. i.e. words, marriage, Love, passion, God's Word, etc. Real believers are never content until It's original. Maybe that's why a majority of businesses fail, marriages fail, relationships fail, love fails, and words fail at an alarming. God is the Original.

Without the scriptures to keep us in check, Our "Faith without deeds is useless" (James 2:20)...

That is why we don't counsel someone without scripture reference ""in our heart and ready on our lips"", to keep us (our own desire) in check (James 1:14)...

And that is why Christ Himself made sure we always went back to the scriptures (John 8:7) so we honor God alone...

Again, noted point! When our lives are kept in submission (in check) "to His Word" (Philippians 2:12), we are equipped to humbly minister!

(Does anyone see a reason to cast the first stone now???)

What is the point???

The point to ministering to our brother here is for him to have all the tools to stay faithful... Putting the known scriptures to work in our lives, as shown in our words and heart (for God) combined, gives us a chance to address people where they are at, and point them to where they should be...

How will someone new know who my Lord is? “When they see the Godly point between the lines!”

Just because the scriptures are so clear to us, they can be lost in translation to inherited blindness that the Light has not yet shined into...

When common language given is first believed (by the new brother in need), then and only than can the scriptures be seen as something to be learned more from (blindness removed by our common walk and common reach outwardly "For His Glory")

For anyone who doubts that this is how the blind world will begin to see better, and needs God's conformation on this, Matthew 7:16...

"We can all agree that words matter" and intent shows where we are pointed...

I see everyone's intent and just Hope that we can help our brother here..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sparky256, did Matthew 5:28 cover this question for you?
God's words warns us, "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." **(Inversely, wouldn't this seem to apply?)**

Please let us know how we can help you Brother...
I would have to say no, that it does not inversely apply. The Word means what it says. Also, to be more specifically and my point on understanding exactly what words' original meanings applies especially in Matthew 5:28. Let me break this down. ". . . anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." The key point now is adultery. As defined by original, "sex with another man's wife." It didn't say fornication. Next point; it says "with her." It did not say against her will. In the context and not adding to or implying anything. It states only willing participants. Otherwise it would be rape and not adultery. That is why even the word "husband" is critical in understanding where the line is for cheating. Husband, by original definition means "owner." The Jehovah Witness's translation is great in this. Get one of their Bible's and read Proverbs 31. It doesn't use husband. I know this may sting a bit, but that is Word. Question: If I own anything does any other person have a right to look at or even touch it without my permission? 1 Peter 3:1 uses the word "subjection." The original definition is; "person under control or dominion of another." Is it by coincidence Paul uses the exact same word in the last verse of 1Peter 3? I think not. In conclusion, it may come across that I am a legalistic. We as believers have only one law, and that is Love. If our motivation in helping Sparky256 or anyone is not Real Love, then we need to prayerfully rethink/rewrite it. Shalom to all.

Again, thank you notforevil. You add great value to all that are here. Great post! Looking forward to fellowshipping with you face to face. Shalom

We as believers have only one law, and that is Love.
Truth, and the motivation of Truth... Love...

My husband has lived each day with something God asked him over a decade ago, and as far as I can see *it has never steered him wrong*!

In everything he does, he does it after meditating on this self examining question:

"Is what I am saying or about to say,
doing or about to do,
accomplishing the glory of God?"

Not words directly out of the scriptures, or referenced anywhere that I know of in writing, But it has created such an impact on everything in his life, that it sure seems like the work of
The True Guide in Life, the Indweller, the Comforter, the Counselor, the Teacher, the Author of Scripture, the Advocate, the Conviction, the Intercessor, the Revealer...

Un-referenceable Yes, yet critical to discerning God's heart...

This is how I know my husband, and this is how I know the Indwelling: "by His fruit he is known"...

I sincerely hope we can help Sparky256

Good Fortune Folks

Without the scriptures to keep us in check, Our "Faith without deeds is useless" (James 2:20)...

That is why we don't counsel someone without scripture reference ""in our heart and ready on our lips"", to keep us (our own desire) in check (James 1:14)...

And that is why Christ Himself made sure we always went back to the scriptures (John 8:7) so we honor God alone...

Again, noted point! When our lives are kept in submission (in check) "to His Word" (Philippians 2:12), we are equipped to humbly minister!

(Does anyone see a reason to cast the first stone now???)

What is the point???

The point to ministering to our brother here is for him to have all the tools to stay faithful... Putting the known scriptures to work in our lives, as shown in our words and heart (for God) combined, gives us a chance to address people where they are at, and point them to where they should be...

How will someone new know who my Lord is? “When they see the Godly point between the lines!”

Just because the scriptures are so clear to us, they can be lost in translation to inherited blindness that the Light has not yet shined into...

When common language given is first believed (by the new brother in need), then and only than can the scriptures be seen as something to be learned more from (blindness removed by our common walk and common reach outwardly "For His Glory")

For anyone who doubts that this is how the blind world will begin to see better, and needs God's conformation on this, Matthew 7:16...

"We can all agree that words matter" and intent shows where we are pointed...

I see everyone's intent and just Hope that we can help our brother here..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sparky256, did Matthew 5:28 cover this question for you?
God's words warns us, "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." **(Inversely, wouldn't this seem to apply?)**

Please let us know how we can help you Brother...

Sorry all for posting and then going AWOL. What happened was I got asked the same question and it baffled me. There are so many different avenues and circumstances depending on perspective and for lack of a better explanation, character level or righteousness of the parties involved. It could seem that the husband could be righteously jealous of his wife and feel the sting of infidelity, but as all have pointed out we could have the attitude of not throwing the first stone. Both decisions exhibit similar godly behaviour, but in my gleaning of knowledge it seems the christ like option is the proper response.
We are not righteous enough to exhibit the jealousy of the father since we cannot stand in judgement of sin. However, as Christ walked the earth in the flesh, we should model him in his response. Show grace and mercy and save the judgement for the Judge.

Thank you all for your replies, I truly value each and every member here for the truth we can all find here.

Back