• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Someone to relate to

EK8

Female
I find myself in a place where I have no one who understands my situation whose outside my family. I'd like a gal pal whose been in my shoes and who understands the plural life. I want someone I can talk to who isn't going to judge me thinking "well you shouldn't be in a polygamist relationship and it's the reason you're having problem xyz." None of my family agrees with what I'm doing outside of my husband, my sister wife, and her kids. I love the life. It allows me to work, have someone I trust to watch my 5 mos old daughter, and have a sister finally. I've been an only child. I love my sister wives 5 kids and really they are my kids now too. My family is amazing and I love it. I wish people understood and accepted it. Anyways if anyone is free to talk I'd love to just let me know.

Hi EK8 and welcome to Biblical Families!
I am not in a plural marriage, so I can't help you the way that you need. But there are plenty of ladies who can, and you can most often find them on the ladies chat on Tuesday nights. We'd love for you to join us there, it's a safe place where you can rant or chat to your hearts content :).
I am glad that you are finding so many benefits to plural marriage and it's working out so well for you all!

Hi EK8 and welcome to Biblical Families!
I am not in a plural marriage, so I can't help you the way that you need. But there are plenty of ladies who can, and you can most often find them on the ladies chat on Tuesday nights. We'd love for you to join us there, it's a safe place where you can rant or chat to your hearts content :).
I am glad that you are finding so many benefits to plural marriage and it's working out so well for you all!

Yes I definitely will! Thank you so much. When I first got married I lurked around on this forum and never joined. I probably should have because now I'm wishing I had lol

"I want someone I can talk to who isn't going to judge me thinking "well you shouldn't be in a polygamist relationship and it's the reason you're having problem xyz." This. I have not been in your shoes, but I totally get the feeling about having lost the privilege of openness with a lot of people in your life. Another way that God is saying "turn to me".

I rejoice for you and your family!

Welcome EK8! Glad you finally signed up! I would be happy to talk with you anytime. You can email me at julie@biblicalfamilies.org or just start a "converstation" with me on this site. I hope you will be brave and message any of the ladies that you enjoy reading posts from, even if they aren't in a plural family yet they are at least someone of similar belief. As FH2 said chat on Tuesdays is a good place to start getting to know some of the ladies here on a casual basis. You can then do more in-depth personal exchanges from there. FYI, I have been married for 28 years and in a plural family for 20 of those.

I'd love to chat. :)
I'm in the same situation where I feel like nobody gets my way of life, and I can't really talk to people in real life.

Back