• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

South Dakota -- such a nice place

macike

Of Me.
I was born in So Cal and left about 15 years ago. I became a follower of King Messiah while late in school. After high school, I joined the army and travelled Europe. After the army I was married and worked for 15 years in the computer field. During this time we had 4 kids in about 6 years. We moved to Knoxville, TN where I became a Messianic Rabbi for about a year. I was still working in the computer field.

I left the computer field for to attend Bible College, I still did computer work at college, and then became a pastor. As a pastor: I attended seminary, had two churches in three years, and had HaShem move me in differing directions.

Between the first and second church, I subbed at a local school. I was asked by a fifth grade class, what is a transitive and intransitive verb, as their teacher could not explain it to them. I explained how to tell the difference, gotta love three years of Greek, and I saw the lights go on. I then explained poetry to them, and they were in love. Still one of the best days of my life, well at least in the top ten.

After pastoring I went up to Minnesota (eh) and taught Bible for three years at a Christian school. Because of the local conditions half the high school teachers were let go. I spent the next year getting a teaching certificate in Social Studies and working part time.

I now teach high school social studies at a long term treatment facility for juvenile offenders. While I work on a MA in history and political science. Oh the stories I could tell. My wife and I are still married. I have three kids in college and one still in high school. My wife home schooled all the kids all the way through.

Of HaShem (Hebrew for THE Name)
We are Messianic Jewish. I am a tish more eclectic in theology then most. We follow the traditions of the fathers and keep shabbos, kosher, and follow Torah as best as we can. At school I am known as the local (and only) Jew. I seldom talk about King Messiah, in that way I can preach the gospel at all times and use words only as needed (St Francis).

Of Church
I do not attend church for various reasons. Wife and two kids (the girls) attend one. The two sons attend two other churches. I am a solid theological conservative.

Of Polygamy
This is a fun one. I am very sympathetic towards a poly family. I would gladly have a 2nd wife if the correct woman ever came up. I would desire three sister-wives. Oddly enough the whole Sister Wives thing came up and wife and I have talked, she is actually open to the whole idea. Which I am surprised about.
Of Moxy and Poly: One of the first times San Fran decided to try and do gay marriage we were going to take a few days off with another married couple to visit San Fran and insist that they marry the four of us together, as a political statement. The other couple backed out, they did not want to be on the news.

Of Politics
I am a solid conservative. I am a Laissez-faire free market capitalist who understands the Austrian principles of economics. I am mostly a libertarian in outlook. THough I have some obvious moral problems with Libertarian party. Mostly I cherish the freedom and liberty this great country has provided.

Of Things I Like and Do
I love disc golf and play all the time. I am rather ‘hard core’ as I will play in the snow and rain.
I like going to movies, I love being able to escape for a few hours. I love a good script and story line. I also compete in tourneys on weekends.
I used to love to read and do not do as much any more. I am down to about a dozen books a year.
I like to laugh and joke and have fun.
I like to research and solve problems. I like to know and understand.
I am also a computer junkie.

I am a self-described as: a teacher, philosopher, scholar, historian, and all around good guy. I end up being one of those annoying people who actually can talk about most any topic and contribute to the discussion.

Well I guess this was on the short side.

Favorite Quote:
"Men give me some credit for genius. All the genius I have lies in this: When I have a subject in hand, I study it profoundly. Day and night it is before me. I explore it in all its bearings. My mind becomes pervaded with it. Then the effort which I make, the people are pleased to call the fruit of genius. It is the fruit of labor and thought." – Alexander Hamilton

Blessings and Peace.

It seems that the more one actually studies the scriptures for ones self the more likely one is to see the revealed truths of polygyny...I have enjoyed your contributions here at Biblical Families and hope to see much more...

Back