• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

South Pacific or Australasia? Anyone? Hello?

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Are we lonely down here or are there some more 'locals' lurking among all these Americans? :D

There are a few around, but they are really weird. I would try and avoid contact with them. ylop

G'Day,

I haven't seen any.....are there any on here... who knows..... :p

That's a relief ylop, I don't know that anybody normal would get on with us... ;)

*puts hand up* Me! Me!

But you probably already guessed that, since we live in the same house and all :lol:

FollowingHim said:
Are we lonely down here or are there some more 'locals' lurking among all these Americans? :D

Sorry for the late reply, I just came accross your post. I am from Australia.

God bless

Welcome Moses! Nice to have someone else join us on the dark side mwahahaha :lol:

You guys do know that being in Maine might as well be on the North Pole some times. Sure we can drive to see folks, but it would take days for the most part. To my knowledge, the closest family on BF is near Boston, which is about 4 or 5 hours driving and for me about 2 days of pay for gas alone. So glad we have this forum!!!!!

Tragic, Mark. Whaddidja move there for?

For me, the closest family is about 2 miles up the road. Rather a nice change...

Ironically, we moved here after being asked to help rebuild a dying church. They found out about our beliefs on marriage and pretty much forced us out. We still pray for reconciliation and actually are talking about a plan as the Lord leads. I forgot to mention that my friend now lives nearby, but his wife hates me for my belief in PM so we haven't seen her in the month they have been here. My wife has me, but our kids have not been able to see their kids per mommy's orders.

No wonder the church is dying, kicking people out does that you know! That's terrible that even your children are being shunned, despite it being none of their business. People can be very cruel. Does your friend still speak to you? Is he man enough to override his wife and decide the kids are allowed to visit?

This forum is great. I'm not sure how far away the closest person here to us is. Moses, are you on the East coast or the West? (East is 3 hours by plane from us, West is 8 hours by 2 planes).

My 3-year-old son just came and saw the faces, so at his request I am adding: :roll: :lol: :D

FollowingHim said:
No wonder the church is dying, kicking people out does that you know! That's terrible that even your children are being shunned, despite it being none of their business. People can be very cruel. Does your friend still speak to you? Is he man enough to override his wife and decide the kids are allowed to visit?

This forum is great. I'm not sure how far away the closest person here to us is. Moses, are you on the East coast or the West? (East is 3 hours by plane from us, West is 8 hours by 2 planes).

My 3-year-old son just came and saw the faces, so at his request I am adding: :roll: :lol: :D

East Coast

Awesome, that means we're only 3 hours by plane plus presumably a few hours by car at each end from the nearest person in BF! We're almost neighbours! :roll: :lol:

All y'alls oughta come to TN in Aug and help celebrate Steve's marriage to hisa second Alpha! The ladies do seem to be planning a wingding!

CecilW said:
All y'alls oughta come to TN in Aug and help celebrate Steve's marriage to hisa second Alpha! The ladies do seem to be planning a wingding!

Cecil you have no idea how badly we want to come to a retreat! I don't see any hope for this year. Perhaps next year. Although I still can't even fathom how the logistics of it would work with 4 little kiddies! God is awesome though and can do anything so we have faith that one day...

Cow fam said:
FollowingHim said:
Does your friend still speak to you? Is he man enough to override his wife and decide the kids are allowed to visit?

He and I work together and talk often. He visits alone at times and we minister in the local jail together. He is man enough but trying to discern timing and how much force to use. He wants to see her change her mind and come around, thinks forcing the issue with visits might be detrimental overall. Did I mention she is 8 months pregnant and having a scheduled C-section with their 7th child, and delivered twins 18 months ago with one dying in the process?

He's man enough, all right. He's just wise enough to wait on the Lord's timing. He has the patience of Job, which I don't have. I get frustrated, but in all the years we have been friends his counsel has NEVER been wrong. I have tons of stories about him praying for me while Sara and I were praying about something. He would call out of the blue without our telling him anything with a prophetic word that lined directly up with our leading and prayers. I am going to trust his judgement on this one even if I think I would do differently. He truly loves his wife and wants reconciliation rather than war.

Wow Mark, your friend sounds like an incredible guy! Being a woman and pregnant I completely understand why he's taking it gently with her. I do hope that some day your families can come together again.

CecilW said:
Just worked out we'd probably blow around $8000 just on airfares just to bring the family over, plus all the other costs of a holiday... It's rather depressing. We could make this part of our long-term plans, but we've got a mortgage too. I think I really have to focus on finding a local wife or two, evangelising the idea to other Christians, and setting it up down this end of the world.

Or you could have next year's retreat in New Zealand! You could escape your winter to our summer! We'll find marquees and have the whole thing on the farm so you don't even have to pay for a venue! How much persuasion do you need? :lol:

Come to New Zealand rather than Australia, the exchange rate is good so we're cheaper, and the place isn't infested with poisonous snakes, spiders and Australians. :cool:

FollowingHim said:
Or you could have next year's retreat in New Zealand!

Having a regional retreat, perhaps combined with a publicized weekend seminar designed to go through the Bible, stripping away the tradition, and establishing what is and is not said, and with a speaker brought in from the US to take advantage of the amusement over his foreign accent along with the "foreign expert" factor? All possible.

Perhaps it is what we need to start doing.

Especially if your presenter was able to do so while keeping the focus on Christ!

In all seriousness, I do think that a speaking tour around NZ and Australia, accompanied by a retreat in one or the other country, would be brilliant. To organise it though we'd probably need a bigger base of families in the area to start with, we'd certainly need the odd practicing family so there is somebody experienced for interested people to talk to.

I'm not sure how we'd advertise a speaking tour, considering most churches wouldn't advertise it. Might just have to use newspapers etc.

People down here are fine with American speakers, having someone over would work well.

I think it's something to certainly consider for the future once ylop and I have increased the number in our harems a bit! :D

FollowingHim said:
I'm not sure how we'd advertise a speaking tour,

Hw about as "God's solution to the breakdown of families in our society"?

Focus NOT on PM, but on family, with PM as an inherent but side issue, which IS the proper perspective.

Back