• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

South Texas Family

woodysgang

Hello We are The Woods Family. My husband and I have been married 12 yrs , we have 4 children and my husband is getting married to his second wife in 2012! She is adding 2 more children to our family. We would love to meet other families that believe in plural marriage in our area. We feel isolated and would love to have people who understand our life style.

Welcome, Woods Family! We are happy that you found us. I hope you will find some encouraging community here. Congratulations on the new marriage! May she and the children be a blessing to you all and feel the love themselves from you. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Welcome to all nine of y'all!
You've certainly come to the right place. This is a fantastic group of folks and a very solid leadership team. In your search for fellowship, you might want to look into the retreats. The next one is in Florida over new years weekend. If that's too long of a drive or too short of notice, just keep watching the schedule...I'm sure it won't be long before there's one in your neck of the woods. Someday, perhaps even I can get to one. :D Many blessings to you and the new additions to your family. May God strengthen and guide you all during this time of change.

-Will

We are in West Texas and happy that there are more people in Texas that believe as we do. Welcome to the forum.

SweetLissa

Hi Woods family. Welcome, and congratulations on putting your beliefs into practice. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures. Regards, ylop

Greets Woods family!

Glad you are here. My wife is from San Antonio, and my brother lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, though we live in Washington state. Thus, we visit Texas regularly. Indeed, we flew out of Austin to return home from Thanksgiving just last night. I hope to see you posting regularly on here, am eager to get to know you, and would be delighted to visit you when next we are down your way (if you would like).

As for my family, we've never been in a plural marriage but would be delighted for God to add to our house in such a way. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Perhaps many of us on this site might someday be so blessed.

Best Regards,
Steven

Get everyone to participate in the forums, your husband and your future second. You will find a great deal of support and encouragement here. We have a ladies group that has a weekly chat, and the guys offer a great chance to be a sounding board with issues regarding men and husbands.

God bless, and welcome aboard!

Doc

Welcome! Sorry it has taken me so long! Between the holidays and then trying to get back into a routine, it has been hard to get on and read!

I would love to hear more about the upcoming wedding and how things developed! I find it very interesting that it is usually the WIVES that come onto this site and post! I hope I get to hear more from you and about your family!

We have now relocated to Ohio and are in the process of combining our family! We ( my husband and I and our 4 children) are staying with family and are in the process of finding a place of our own and getting things back to normal. When we get our own place my sister wife and her 2 children will join us. ( I feel bad putting it this way, I have known her since 1st grade and her kids are mine !) My mom and hubbys dad and stepmom are accepting of our lifestyle but hubbys mom and sister dont like the idea at all. They say that they dont see it working and that Im going to have a hard time with it and that they will never accept her as family and this breaks my heart. We have tried to explain that we believe God is leading us to have a PM and this is what we want but it seems to do no good. I have decided that they can feel how ever they want but in our home they will be polite or not be in our home! The only other thing that concerns me is that all of my kids are very close with them and I dont want them to hear things negative being talked about that deal with our family and life style. More updates later

Back