• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Southeast regional retreat! (Feb 17-19, 2018)

We are
We should be there in about an hour....we forgot about the time change and hit some traffic and a few unscheduled stops anyone getting there tonight or already there?
We are here.

Only 42 chairs in shelter 1...

Here too finally

First retreat for us. Challenging, enlightening, fun, amazing... Can't wait to see what the Father does today...

Whew! Fellowship, worship, teaching, dialogue, prayer, lots of prayer, ideas, plans, food, the usual sleep deprivation, new friends made and old relationships refreshed. Another great retreat goes into the record books.

On the road home, 3 more hours to go (lot more for Andrew and Kevin). Was great to see everyone. If there was a theme this weekend, it seems to me it was our children, and our final prayer time was focused on them, particularly raising our sons in this fallen world. A separate thread will start on this shortly, but here's a sneak peek: We absolutely are going to try for our first outdoor-focused, men's (father and sons esp, but not exclusively) retreat/experience. (Retreat doesn't seem the right word for a "loincloth dancing around the fire, deer skinning, primal screaming" adventure, we'll think of a better one.)

This June. Somewhere remote. Dead serious. Joe/Zec/Kevin, and others - we will need your help on this.

It was a 14 hr drive straight through from Weatherford TX once I got a rental car, but absolutely worth it.
As usual.

Left at 4pm taking a break now 11 more hours and we will be back home. It was well worth the journey there and back. Once again it was great to put faces to names and have my spirit renewed with great fellowship. Met a lot of great folks.
@nathan ready willing and able I have a lot of ideas I would love to hear everyone elses.
I heard this Proverb several times this weekend

Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old , he will not depart from it.

We have a responsibility to our young men (and any brother) to not only teach them to be G-d fearing men but also to instill in them skills they will need to better their lives and that of their future families, better understand their own masculinity, and help them gain the confidence they will need when they become the leaders of tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back