• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Spiritual Warfare

Earth_is-

Male
It's a spiritual warfare. Society has conditioned (through the traditions of men) that a man can only have one wife. If a man that is faithful to the Most High - is limited to only one wife - it's inevitable that lawlessness will abound. Why? Because we live in a fallen world, and many do not fear the Creator of the Universe. So that leaves plenty of women without a good husband, so they end up with un-godly men. So it's no surprise there's a lawless youth. It's no surprise there's an abortion problem.

The Creator warned us not to lean in our own understanding. Don't lean to the left. Don't lean to the right. Because his ways are higher than our ways. Men today look up to politicians (like Trump), sports stars, actors, bachelor lifestyle, rappers/bands; instead of the men listed in Hebrews Chapter 11. Those are the examples of faith we're to imitate. Patriarchs like Abraham, Jacob, and King David.

The world has kept the men busy. With things like sports, social media, video games, stocks/gambling, and movies/shows. These things are meant to keep men spiritually blinded. "Give them bread and circuses, and they will never revolt" -- Before the Fall of the Roman Empire

The Word says a good wife is a blessing, and the children as well.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 NLT
A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

Jacob kept his peace when he found out his daughter was raped. Only when his 12 sons returned back did he start talking. There's power in numbers. There's power in a united household:

Psalm 133:1
How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!

And when lawlessness abounds - and prophecy says it will - a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. A household with 12 sons is not easily taken.

The Word says a good wife is a blessing, and the children as well.
It also says a good wife is rare.
Proverbs 31:10 KJV
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

So that leaves plenty of women without a good husband, so they end up with un-godly men.
Personally that’s not what I’m seeing. I would say, in America anyway, there are more men who would be good husbands than there are women who are wife material.

Personally that’s not what I’m seeing. I would say, in America anyway, there are more men who would be good husbands than there are women who are wife material.
Just about everywhere I go, single women in the church assemblies here way outnumber the guys. In the singles group I taught recently, there were 20 women and 8 guys.

Last week a friend told me about a situation with the singles group at the church he belongs to where a young woman stood up and expressed her dismay that there are 4 single females for every single guy in the church. She wept as she asked the leadership what they were doing to help the single females? They said they would pray about it and see what they could do to attract single guys into the church. They asked her if she had any ideas, and she said, "The church could allow polygamy." They said, "Well, that's not going to happen!"

Just about everywhere I go, single women in the church assemblies here way outnumber the guys. In the singles group I taught recently, there were 20 women and 8 guys.

Last week a friend told me about a situation with the singles group at the church he belongs to where a young woman stood up and expressed her dismay that there are 4 single females for every single guy in the church. She wept as she asked the leadership what they were doing to help the single females? They said they would pray about it and see what they could do to attract single guys into the church. They asked her if she had any ideas, and she said, "The church could allow polygamy." They said, "Well, that's not going to happen!"
Well, tell them to start looking in the Pacific Northwest, we apparently have the opposite problem.

It also says a good wife is rare.
Proverbs 31:10 KJV
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

It just may take more work in today's world, because of all the lies and social engineering. The man should wash her clean through the sanctification of the Word. Treat her mostly as a sister (zero sexual relations), and ideally have her live in the man's household. If she shows sanctification through the Word, and the man can that having her is a blessing to his household - well then perhaps the man just gained a good wife -- HalleluYAH.

But if she's not being sanctified by the Word (continuing to go back to the mud/vomit) - then because you treated her like a sister (zero sexual relations) - it would be much easier to let her go. "Many called - few chosen."

It just may take more work in today's world, because of all the lies and social engineering. The man should wash her clean through the sanctification of the Word. Treat her mostly as a sister (zero sexual relations), and ideally have her live in the man's household. If she shows sanctification through the Word, and the man can that having her is a blessing to his household - well then perhaps the man just gained a good wife -- HalleluYAH.

But if she's not being sanctified by the Word (continuing to go back to the mud/vomit) - then because you treated her like a sister (zero sexual relations) - it would be much easier to let her go. "Many called - few chosen."
The Patriarchs didn’t want their sons marrying “the daughters of the land”… even they knew ya can’t fix 304z.

Well, tell them to start looking in the Pacific Northwest, we apparently have the opposite problem.
From what I've seen on various vloggs, if the single women from here go to the places those men are at, the women end up being way too much like the local women. Disastrous outcomes for all. Take heart brother, I'm here to look after them all for you. :) :cool:

From what I've seen on various vloggs, if the single women from here go to the places those men are at, the women end up being way too much like the local women. Disastrous outcomes for all. Take heart brother, I'm here to look after them all for you. :) :cool:
Sounds good, someone has to 👍🏼

I want to join the conversation, but I don’t feel I have a solution and should, therefore, stay silent. I will violate that thought and speak anyway.

It is spiritual warfare and I fight it but not with vociferous vigor. I bring up the topic with those I think may listen and think, at least a little. Unfortunately, my one wife isn’t willing to listen and think, at least a little.

I’ve talked with some clergy colleagues, and most see no reason to give it much thought. It seems they operate in the if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it zone. Their thoughts on the subject, not mine. I do have a friend who was a Catholic priest early in his career and moved to administration and non-priest clergy service. It's an odd thing, I know, but he is still actively serving. He has been my best sounding-board and theologian for the Greek and Hebrew translation discussions. He has admitted he agrees with my understanding of polygyny but would never say it too loudly. He has even stated he knows women (Catholics, I assume) he could introduce me to if I were ever looking for an additional wife. He is perhaps the only one I can discuss sensitive topics with.

Even small wins move the ball in the right direction.

He has even stated he knows women (Catholics, I assume) he could introduce me to if I were ever looking for an additional wife. He is perhaps the only one I can discuss sensitive topics with.
Interesting..... Why offer wasn't taken?

You can also with us discuss some sensitive marriage topics. I hope we are worthy of such honor.

I’ll tell you what else is spiritual warfare. The 501c3 churches teaching that the husband and wife are equal in authority. They don’t fancy patriarchy; some even go so far as quoting, “something the pagan nations did.”

And these churches have to perform a dance of dragons - disgustingly twisting the scriptures (and going outside of scripture) - to convince you of the same lie from the Garden - “You will be like God.”

Who is the husband? The Father in Heaven. Who is his wife? His people.

So if the wife is equal to the husband, then that means the people in Yahushua’s church are equal to him. Equal to God in authority.

It’s the same lie as in the garden. “You will be like God.” Paul got it right:

Ephesians 5:22, 24
For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 24 Therefore, as the church is subject to Christ, so also let the wives be subject to their husbands in all things.

Paul wasn’t creating new doctrines out of thin air. He was summarizing what the torah, writings, and the prophets said about the authority structure.

Last edited:
Back