• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Stood up

paterfamilias

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Don't wish to seem maudlin or overly sensitive but it is weird to me when a person makes plans over the course of weeks and ghosts on the day.
It is... hurtful.
Plans and dreams discussed down the tubes. Literally don"t understand going to those lengths and walking away.

Hope the other families who are looking have better luck.

Don't wish to seem maudlin or overly sensitive but it is weird to me when a person makes plans over the course of weeks and ghosts on the day.
It is... hurtful.
Plans and dreams discussed down the tubes. Literally don"t understand going to those lengths and walking away.

Hope the other families who are looking have better luck.

What about going to the effort to meet someone and then after you meet them the one time you never hear from them again?

Sounds even worse. Same sort of vibe though.

Some just enjoy the flirting, distance dreaming, playing house in their head stuff. It just a game that they can never take the next step towards reality.
Catfishing, but with their own persona.

But I am sure that there those that become overwhelmed by fears and don’t know how to work through them, other than ghost.
I’m sure that this is a small percentage, but I would encourage you to pray about your next step. That might be a real, hurting, soul out there in the wilderness of social media.

A lot of people like the attention they get via text, but are shy about a real relationship. I try to meet pretty quickly, once I start taking to someone, so that if they are the type to ghost/stand me up, I’m not emotionally/time invested in it unless it’s actually turning into a date… I find that the longer the texting/dms go in before a meeting the easier it is to get friend zoned as a text buddy who’s fun to chat with…

Back