• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Submission

withfresheyes

Not too long ago someone told me that I overemphasize the part on submission that a woman is to exemplify in the marriage relationship.This same person fails to acknowledge that it is her husband's responsibility to love his wife in the exact same way Christ loves the church. I also tried to inform her once again it is not up to her to make the decisions, or to be the leader in the home. She adamately let me know that he (husband) "can't do anything right and if I don't do it, nothing gets done." I think this is so sad because in her stubborn refusal to seek out the truths in His Word, she is definitely depriving herself of unique Blessings that God wants to give her. Also (IMHO) she robs her husband of his manhood on a daily basis. Yet I cannot and will not be sorry for the predicament he is in, because neither is he willing to stand up and be a man. He likes the way things are (let's not rock the boat) and again this saddens my heart. As women of God we have at our disposal the most awesome Blessings awaiting us as we continue to strive to be in submission and obedience. Not an easy task, but one we should joyfully make preparation to work toward every day. Guys, we love you so very much! Honestly we love you so deeply and I for one have the utmost respect for a real man! ;)

I am now more observant of my surroundings when I am out and about and I "people watch." I think many Christians actually try and do away with the distinct responsibilities God gave to the husband and wife. :( In so doing, does this not make the marriage relationship into something far less than that which God intended? I see in the eyes of many "men?" long faces, broken hearts and shattered spirits as they seem to be tossed aside like everyday trash because they have been made to feel useless. They have been robbed of their manhood and they are overwhelmed because they see no way out and no one to turn to for answers. Where do they go to try and "learn" to be the way a real man should be? They have no mentors!! They find themselves backing into a darkened corner and feel they have nothing to contribute to the family unit. She has broken him! Where are the mentors and teaching avenues that these men can turn to for help? :( :cool:

I am totally with you Fresheyes! I don't think I even realized how bad things are for men until God brought me to understand Biblical marriage better. I had always been taught about a wife's submission to her husband but it was warped by Worldly ways of thinking...so it really wasn't submission at all. It is very sad to see.

Julieb

Where are all of the mentors? you have asked the right question.

I've been praying over what to teach on in the GA retreat and I think this has sparked a thought in me. We have a serious crisis in our land. Men who grow up and become spiritual orphans with no one to look up to once they come out from under the guidance of the father.

I might just teach on this topic.

Thanks a million!

Dr. Allen

Back