• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer Retreat and Family Conference, Aug 29 - Sept 2nd, 2024, SouthWest Missouri

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
This is the 'big one'! For those who've heard 'you should really come to the summer retreat', this is it. After 2 years in Tennessee, we feel it's only fair to head back a little farther west to benefit the folks that usually drive farther. That means us East coast folks will need to save some gas money and allow extra time, or maybe be prepared to fly.

Note that this is Labor day weekend, and for those who can stay, we will extend fellowship into Monday - meaning you can stay 4 nights if you are able.

We have a great, but remote, location this year, and have hotel-style rooms and some dorm-style rooms, as well as full RV hookups and tenting available. We will be roughly an hour west of Branson, Missouri.

Besides our usual sessions of worship, sharing, and fellowship, we have enough time and space to offer some elective sessions, outdoor activities, and kids activities.

If you've considered a Biblical Families retreat, and want to participate where believing Patriarchal families fellowship and encourage one another, and, oh yes, plural families happen to be a welcome, integral part, then start saving and getting time off, and making your plans now.

Want the details? email: retreats@biblicalfamilies.org now and tell us just a bit about yourself and family if you haven't been to a retreat before, or drop @julieb a DM and include your email. Hopefully the details will go out in late April.

Last edited:
Sorry details haven't gone out yet, still getting it together, but should be around the 1st, but we have a question for you guys to vote on now:
So we usually have 3 nights at the summer retreat, but this year we have the holiday on Monday, so we actually listed 4 nights. The question, only for those likely or trying to attend:
Are you more likely to do 3 nights, as Friday to Monday, or would like to be able to stay 4 nights, Thursday to Monday (won't be required, but it's more meals to plan, so we need to know if enough want this option).

I should figure out how to make this a poll. You can reply or DM me.

Thanks, Nathan

BTW, there are no rooms with kitchens, and restaurants are more than 15 minutes away, so unless you are RV/camping, we are pretty much doing meals together.

Last edited:
*Everyone chants*
Four Four Four!
Four Four Four!

(that word really starts to look strange after several repetitions)

We will be there Thur. evening, time will depend on Costco run, if needed, and leave Mon.

Planning to be there through Monday, if it all works out.

This is the 'big one'! For those who've heard 'you should really come to the summer retreat', this is it. After 2 years in Tennessee, we feel it's only fair to head back a little farther west to benefit the folks that usually drive farther. That means us East coast folks will need to save some gas money and allow extra time, or maybe be prepared to fly.

Note that this is Labor day weekend, and for those who can stay, we will extend fellowship into Monday - meaning you can stay 4 nights if you are able.

We have a great, but remote, location this year, and have hotel-style rooms and some dorm-style rooms, as well as full RV hookups and tenting available. We will be roughly an hour west of Branson, Missouri.

Besides our usual sessions of worship, sharing, and fellowship, we have enough time and space to offer some elective sessions, outdoor activities, and kids activities.

If you've considered a Biblical Families retreat, and want to participate where believing Patriarchal families fellowship and encourage one another, and, oh yes, plural families happen to be a welcome, integral part, then start saving and getting time off, and making your plans now.

Want the details? email: retreats@biblicalfamilies.org now and tell us just a bit about yourself and family if you haven't been to a retreat before, or drop @julieb a DM and include your email. Hopefully the details will go out in late April.
Could you tell me +/- how far the event will be from Hardenville? I have people there that I could also roll into one trip ideally

I AM SO EXCITED!!! Can’t wait to meet you all and see other again! 🍇

@nathan or @julieb if you could send either myself or @Proverbs3.5 a text message on the cost, so that we can pass it to Christopher and his family so they can start planning? I will see him again on Second day (monday) or Sabbath.

Regretfully, my tribe has to fly out Sunday afternoon... three too short days for us.

Regretfully, my tribe has to fly out Sunday afternoon... three too short days for us.
3 is better than 0. We are looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting Lili.

Back