• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

SUPPLEMENTS

Beta

We should have a new thread for herbs and supplements. Can you repost the Bee Pollen here?
My list of supplements is long... and they're all good :) Beta

Even better is the Word of the Lord:

Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Ezekiel 47:12
Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing."

Revelation 22:2
On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

And as reminders for us as good post-ers:

Proverbs 12:18
Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Proverbs 15:4
The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

Siberian Ginseng

I've found Ginseng to be excellent for energy, one main problem I have. Beta

http://www.naturalnews.com/024235.html

Siberian Ginseng: The Almost Forgotten, Perfect Adaptogen and Energy Booster

(NaturalNews) For some reason, lately, Eleutherococcus (Siberian Ginseng) has almost vanished from becoming a subject when health tonics for energy and stress issues are discussed. It used to be so common place and for a very good reason; It works!

Why have we almost forgotten about this truly amazing, fast acting, totally safe, and extremely powerful energy booster? I believe a lot of the reason for this is that the FDA had once forced all marketing of this amazing tonic herb to be labeled as "Eleuthero" and to avoid the name of "Siberian Ginseng" on any labels (Siberian Ginseng is much less expensive than Panax Ginseng) Technically this "law" is still in the books.

Thanks, Beta.

I've used Ginseng in the past but had pretty much forgotten about it. Will start again. I read the article at your link, and found a link there to another article about Ginseng's helpfulness with diabetes. Didn't know that. Look out, Korean Supermarket! i'm about to come clear your shelves! ;)

In the helpful supplements department, I'd like to add recommendations of Blackstrap Molasses and Cinnamon.

Blackstrap molasses is what remains of the sugar cane juice after the sugar is extracted. In other words, all the minerals, vitamins, whatever like that. Very good for building the blood. http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/molasses.html And a wonderful remedy for what ails ya. Plus, it's CHEAP.

Cinnamon http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/10 ... namon.html is also a cheap and highly effective tool. I've been using it with my diabetes to good effect. It's kind of funny. The research talks about the benefits of "as little as 1/4 teaspoon." I make a cup of tea wit a good tablespoon plus and find it to largely eliminate my insulin needs for the day.

Would you be interested in a homemade immune booster/virus killer/cure-all?
We've been making GARLIC TONIC for 3 years now and we haven't had to take any other medications since. Paul used to get strep every 6 months (it even turned to pluritis the last time), but he hasn't had it at all since he's been taking garlic tonic regularly. Here's the recipe:

GARLIC TONIC
2 cups of each:
garlic, peeled
horseradish root, peeled
ginger root, peeled
habanero peppers, seeded (wear gloves!!)
white onion

Cut all the ingredients into 1 inch pieces and put into a large container that has a lid. Pour 1 gallon of apple cider vinegar over those veggies and cover with the lid.
Let it ferment for 2 weeks giving it a quick stir once a day.
After 2 weeks, remove the veggies, keep the liquid and there's your cure-all. You don't have to keep it refrigerated, but it's too hot to swallow if you don't.
Take 2 tablespoons to kill any sickness, or 1 tablespoon daily as an immune booster.
It's goes down easiest in a glass of tomato juice, but you can take it straight if you want to. Just have a glass of water handy!

Yes, Cecil! Cinnamon is great!
The scent really wakes up your brain on a sluggish day. I keep a small jar in our homeschool area, and whenever a kid is having one of those days where they just can't concentrate, I pull out the cinnamon and have them take a sniff. I take one too. They can focus immediately. It's incredible!

Well, I'll be switched and hornswoggled, DeeAnn. Don't know which of these posts startles me the most! :eek:

Scent is enough for focus, huh? I'll have to try that at work. Maybe get a little snuff box. Do a line or two through a rolled up $20 dollar bill. :lol:

Definitely. I'm adventurous when it comes to such things.

But Cinnamon Twist? Sort of a Cinnamon Lemonade? Sounds interesting. Will have to try it later today.

Ooops. Duh! Color me pink! :oops: Guess it's been a while since I ordered them.

I do feel sorry for you. And sympathize. After a year in Korea and another in Taiwan, the first place I wanted to hit when I got Stateside was a Taco Bell. Pizza Hut came second as neither country uses much dairy. LOL

'Twould be a great prank to send you a box full by Fedex!

CecilW said:
I do feel sorry for you. And sympathize. After a year in Korea and another in Taiwan, the first place I wanted to hit when I got Stateside was a Taco Bell. Pizza Hut came second as neither country uses much dairy. LOL
Don't feel bad for me. I'm eating real food. I feel bad when I'm in the USA. I know what's wrong with everything. I go into a normal supermarket and I can hardly buy a thing!

I did go to Taco Bell sometimes though. I would say it's better than most other places. However, nothing can top the Adana Kebap Durum that I get when I'm in North Cyprus... nor the Beyti Kebap at a different restaurant over there. It's also hard to top Nigerian fufu. I'm quite enjoying Indian food here too.

I'm making myself hungry. COME! LET US FEAST!!!

*chuckling* STOP! You're making ME hungry, and I don't even know those specific foods by name. But I DID have a very nice lunch of vegetarian sushi and pickled ginger with an absolutely delightful girl named Christine who improved my use of chopsticks. While practicing beautiful chinese calligraphy. (Cindy: I think she's 6 or 7. Her mom was the sushi chef! *grin*)

I hear you on feeling bad on American food. Right now, I'm moving towards an all raw diet as a means of healing. Seems that the more I move that direction, the better I feel.

But Taco Bell IS Taco Bell. ;)

CecilW said:
*chuckling* STOP! You're making ME hungry, and I don't even know those specific foods by name.
You're welcome at my table, anytime.

CecilW said:
I hear you on feeling bad on American food. Right now, I'm moving towards an all raw diet as a means of healing. Seems that the more I move that direction, the better I feel.
Good for you! Be careful where you're getting your "raw" stuff though. These days if it's not dunked in sugar, it's drenched in pesticides.

Speaking of raw things, some people promote the health of raw meats (other than sushi). Haven't looked into it too much though. Most say there are too many health issues with eating that. I have theories on solving that problem though, naturally and not with cooking. But anyway, your talk of raw foods reminded me of the scriptures about not eating blood, etc. That reminded me of previous conclusions I found concerning it.

All the scriptures talk about not eating meat with the blood still in it, because that is the life of the creature. However, they didn't always cook it back in the days of the Israelites. Saul only had them kill the animals on a stone so that the blood would drain out... as if that was normal and right. From what I can tell, God was concerned that the creature is dead before being consumed. That seems to be the spirit of the law. If you just break its neck it may be alive but paralyzed. The best way to make sure the life is not still in it is to drain out the blood. Again, this will not make sure there is not a single drop of blood left in the creature... but God didn't seem to mind that.

I don't eat raw meat. These are just some interesting musings over misinterpretations and health.

mmmmmmm....raw meat :mrgreen:

actually, we take buffalo hamburger patties, sear the outside and leave the inside red as possible. i have been gone (on the truck) for over 10 days and still have a pound of them "ripening" in the cooler. they last me about 2 weeks

steve said:
mmmmmmm....raw meat :mrgreen:

actually, we take buffalo hamburger patties, sear the outside and leave the inside red as possible. i have been gone (on the truck) for over 10 days and still have a pound of them "ripening" in the cooler. they last me about 2 weeks
A few years ago I might have had some problems with this. Now... no more. Freedom in Christ, indeed. It's great to understand these kinds of things... though the average church would whack me.

Routine herb use in cooking is the best thing to do, plus it makes food taste better. Growing your own is the best for health and for taste, same can be said for fruit and vegetables too. Its tough to do this constantly though.

As far as Herbs for Heath goes I completely agree.

Steve can HAVE his nearly raw, ripened buffalo burgers! *BEWARE: Violently Shuddering Vegetarian* :)

Me, I'm enjoying a delicious Friday lunch of the traditional and healthy American dish, Ants On A Log.

For those of our Aussie and Middle Eastern friends who might possibly not be familiar with this famous American dish ...

** Saw a stock of celery in half, making 2 more manageable "logs".
** Fill with peanut butter, the chunkier the better, to give it that authentic rough wilderness look.
** Top with a line of ants, in the form of raisins, following each other single file. 2 lines works, too.
** Consume with relish! But be sure to start from the back (of the line of ants), so the ants in front don't see what is going on, panic, and scatter!

** For Ants On A WINTER Log, feel free to try it with cream cheese instead of PB. But then you don't get to hold your nose quite so high in the air over how very Vegan you are being.
** Just for Steve, one could even try Ants on a BLOODY Log, whether Winter or Summer, with the addition of a bit of Strawberry Jam. Or would that be a GORY Log?
** For Sadan, we might try filling the log with tabouli, in which case we'd have Ants On The compost Heap! (I LOVE good tabouli!)

SweetLissa, shall I shut back UP already? :lol:

it is hard to watch an inteligent mind deteriorate before our very eyes :shock:

It all sounds good to me! Why don't we just skip the artful preparation and bring everything out and dig in! Throw the stuff on bread (wheat, multigrain), munch it all down. Anyone care to join in?

I'm really likin' the sound of that tabouli!

Back