• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Tactics of the Enemy...

Scarecrow

Do we try to make things difficult for ourselves at times by looking for complex solutions to simple problems?

One of the first things we see in the scriptures is Satan deceiving Eve. As the weaker vessel she was vulnerable and Adam didn't protect/correct her when the deception came.

We need to remember the basics and watch for and protect our wives from the attacks of the enemy.

1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

2 Corinthians 2:11 so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.

I realize that most women have already been influenced by the world and therefore it is a matter of damage control; but maybe if we were more vigilant in our duties as husbands, protecting our wives from the deceptions of this world, we would have fewer issues to deal with and strengthen our wives to deal with the influence society has had on them.

Scarecrow said:
I realize that most women have already been influenced by the world and therefore it is a matter of damage control

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

There is another saying, "train them while their young."

If you marry an 18 year old "blank slate" and prevent them from being deceived that is sometimes a lot better than marrying someone who is older and went to college to get a degree which accredits her as having listened to beastly government approved college level feminist propaganda or who has spent years being deceived to become a feminist in a beastly government approved feminist workplace.

That is probably why the U.N., Westerners, communist countries and many U.S. and European citizens have such a push to get people to marry old and outlaw marrying young.

I remember a statement made by Debi Pearl in "Created to be His Help Meet". She said that she initially tried to teach the women her age and became very frustrated. Then she realized she had not been applying what the scriptures taught her and started to direct her teaching at the younger women...

Titus 2:3-4 Older women ...are to teach what is good, and so train the young women...

She also stated that she was only aware of two men that were able to turn their wives around. "The Promise" at the top of page 131 of the same book.

@ Seth

:D ...I think her bark is worse than her bite...I actually like her a lot, and have a lot of respect for her.

Scarecrow said:
@ Seth

:D ...I think her bark is worse than her bite...I actually like her a lot, and have a lot of respect for her.

I appreciate the compliment Scarecrow, thank you.

@ Seth. With respect to the thread I realise that unlike the 'Male Maturity' thread,this is a separate thread about a different subject and I think Scarecrow has every right to start a thread about what he feels is important, just because I may have strong opinions on it doesn't mean I need to repeat them ad nauseum.

Bels

I really appreciate the "created to be his helpmeet book"! Anyway, I think sometimes a very bad thing like divorce or other bad life consequence can turn an older woman around and there is always the redemption of christ waiting for her no matter her education or otehr bad influences. he can do a work in her through the husband or without him.

Another approach is to teach men/women in other countries who have never heard the Western Anti-Gospel.

You know the pile of excuses to misinterpret as much in the Bible as possible.

For instance people who have never heard of the Bible probably have never heard of the "gap-theory" "local flood" theory, "Jesus is a mythological metaphor and not a real historical person theory," etc.

The more missionaries are sent out teaching false gospels the more sad I am to see mission fields being lost for the real gospel.

@ itainteasy

I highly recommend her book to anyone. It is great for women, but as a man it also taught me a lot. Overall the message is that we are responsible individually for doing what the Lord has commanded us as husbands and wives regardless of what the other is doing.

I agree, I think we all become a little more settled in our ways as we grow older - remaining teachable is the key. I try to keep an open mind and consider new information and alternate opinions in the event that I have come to a conclusion that is incorrect. For example my opinion on divorce went from ignorance to believing that there was no such thing (that it was a man made thing not recognized by God), and through the people here at this site I became aware that my understanding was wrong. Your point that extraordinary circumstances may be the one thing to influence them is very true.

One mark of a mature Christian, whether man or woman, is to be teachable - and also, to be "Berean Christians," testing everything (new AND old) against the Standard of God's Word.

Were I not teachable, I'd still believe the Romish "monogamy only" garbage that I have been taught for about 50 years. (I'm 60 and was born in the parsonage of the church my dad pastored. I wasn't paying much attention to marriage doctrine before my mid-teen years...)

In Christ, all things become new. So there is hope, even for those men and women of my generation who have been taught false doctrine. (Any false doctrine, not just false marriage doctrine.) But it is much easier to reach children than teens, much easier to reach teens than college students, much easier to reach college students that to reach the 30-something crowd, and so on.

[humor :lol: ]
(So what's an old geezer like me to do? Look for an 18-yo home-schooled "child-bride?" :D )
[/humor :lol: ]

All we can do for our spouses and/or others who might be rejecting some or all of what the Bible really teaches about marriage is to pray for them. Only God can change a person. We can't. My wife and I are both living testimonies to the fact that He can and does change people who love and serve Him.

BTW, many of the things already said in this thread provide excellent reasons for home schooling.

PolyDoc said:
[humor :lol: ]
(So what's an old geezer like me to do? Look for an 18-yo home-schooled "child-bride?" :D )
[/humor :lol: ]

People are arbitrarily considered adults when they are 18 in U.S. .......

Technically a 120 year old and an 18 year old is treated less bad than some other........

Back