• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Tantrum Nixes IHOP

CecilW

Real Person
Male
The rather young lady came into G'ma's kitchen & sat down.

Grandma, who was busy, said, "Good morning, Princess!" but went on with what she was doing.

Pretty soon, "Are you going to make breakfast, Grandma?" "No."

"I'm hungry." "Hmmm."

"I said, I'm HUNGRY, Grandma." "As you can see, I've got my hands full. Both of them. You can wait." (Ok, ok, she was bandaging my foot so I could hit the road.)

Some more repeats in then same vein, then, "But I'M HUNGRY NOW!" And G'ma had finally had enough!

"Turn your head to the left, young lady. See that box of pancake mix on the counter? I was all set to make you a pancake, until Grandpa said, 'Hey! Let's surprise her and take her to IHOP for breakfast!' But after all that, I'm pretty much inclined to make you one pancake and let you stay home."

Now, at this point, you'd think that the sun would come out, and you'd hear, "Oh! I'm sorry for ruining G'pa's surprise, G'ma! And I apologize for being an impatient little brat. Of COURSE I can wait!", right? Instead, the arms crossed, and the face scrunched up and scowled like the Grinch contemplating Christmas!

As I drove off down the road, I thought how often we do the same to God!

Lest the ladies think I'm taking a poke at them for throwing a "Don't WANT PM!" tantrum, I'm not particularly, though it does apply.

It applies equally to us guys throwing an "I want PM NOW!" tantrum.

Or any of us on healing, prosperity, in-laws, popular, church, or family acceptance, weight loss, jobs, or anything else.

I fuss too often, when I'd best hush my mouf, and see if God's got an IHOP breakfast planned!

Thought for a minute Gma was going to tell her if she's that hungry, go for it! But ya gotta eat it when you're done!

Back