• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Telling the neighbors

David65

Any advice on how to open up to your neighbors or anyone in general? Obviously there comes a day when the subject arises. Our neighbors are really dear to us and they really are good, kind people, but if any of you have any advice or can share an experience where you told someone that you were in a plural marriage I would appreciate it. Sometimes I think the fear of what other people think is worse than the reality of it, but we realize living next to someone that has a problem might be difficult. As my wife and I continue on this journey of eventually being a part of a plural marriage, I think its only appropriate that we cover all bases. There's always bound to be surprises, but I want to be prepared to confront them head on.

People do not see what they do not want to see. Most will fill in the blanks and gloss over things they do not understand. The only advice I would give is do not lie...EVER...not even a little bit

I have no desire to lie. I'm not ashamed of it. But I would like to approach the subject with caution.

Thanks for the link mystic, my wife and I will check it out.

Back