• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Tennessee

Tndreamergal

It has been a real pleasure reading several of your posts. Thank you for sharing.

I will be 66 next birthday. I have been married and divorced twice, both former husbands are now deceased. I have two adult children and several grandchildren, including greats. I live a happy and reasonably comfortable life. I still work part time in my profession.

I would like to become a second wife to a couple that has been together for a long time. The first wife and I are similar in age, and he is too. He is still quite involved in his career.

I have lots of questions and problems that I really need experienced advice on. We see many advantages to joining our lives and families together, especially at this point in our lives. But we are also concerned that this change will bring many problems that none of us has really faced before. We would like to minimize these for ourselves and our families.

Has anyone experienced a first time plural marriage at this stage of their lives? We are all Christian, and want to live by Christian principles. We would also like to meet others that believe this is a valid lifestyle.

Dreamer,

I am not at all similar in age to you but I am here to talk if you'd like. I look forward to getting to know you better as you spend more time on here. I also encourage you to get in touch with JulieB. She has lots of experience and practical advice. Another great way to get to know some of the women is to join in on the Ladies Chat at 7:30 pm EDT on Tuesdays. There is always a lot of fellowship in there and we are more than willing to help with anything we possibly can.

Once again, we look forward to getting to know you better!

CB

Welcome Dreamer! I hope we can be of support to you and "your family". Understanding the truth about plural marriage is one thing. Counting the cost and knowing it is all worth it is another. Having some source of support makes it better though. As Rachel said, make an effort to get to know others who are like minded and especial get to know the ladies on this forum. The Ladies Chat is pretty good at that if you can read fast...lol. Would love to have you come some Tuesday, maybe even tonight.

With hope for the future,
Julieb

Dreamer,

Welcome to the BF forum.

My lovely lady and I are close to your age (I'm 60 and she is...well, a little bit older :lol: ) but we have not yet taken the step of "going plural." (And I won't until she is completely in agreement, which means that she will have to know beyond any reasonable doubt that it is what God wants for our family specifically. She already is in agreement with me that polygyny is not a sinful lifestyle, any more than is monogamy or celibacy.) So we can't offer any advice from experience.

The advice already offered is excellent. I'm still trying to get my computer-phobic woman to participate in the Tuesday night lady's chat...but she does talk by phone with some of the other ladies, and we fellowship with other BF members when we can. (Unfortunately, there's not too many in our neck of the woods.)

We both look forward to meeting you at a retreat soon.

@Tndreamergal,
May I ask who "we" is or are? Is it just you or is there another lady seeking as well?

John Whitten said:
@Tndreamergal,
May I ask who "we" is or are? Is it just you or is there another lady seeking as well?

I would like to become a second wife to a couple that has been together for a long time. The first wife and I are similar in age, and he is too. He is still quite involved in his career.

I think she is saying that she is already talking with a couple about this lifestyle...

Thanks Paul, I was feeling a bit dense there, at least a little more than usual. :)

Back