• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Texas Hootenanny in February

andrew

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Following up on the convo that evolved over on this thread, I'm officially kicking off the planning process for the first Texas Hootenanny of 2018. (May they occur every other month next year as prophesied by Brother NetWatchR!)

Over the past few years we have hosted at our home a handful of weekend gatherings for which the Saturday is the Main Event, the kind of thing Houstonians or Austinites could make a day trip out of, but for which anyone from about Dallas on out might want to spend a night or two just to make it worth the travel time. We would have some space at the house (very limited; first come, first served) for overnight guests, and there are several decent hotels nearby (10-15'). There's also room on the property for camping.

What sayest ye about February 3 as a target date?

But where
My home, halfway between Houston and Austin. I had a sentence in there about being centrally located tween Austin, Houston, and the D/FW Metroplex, but apparently lost it in the edit process. :rolleyes:

February 3, We'll be there. We got a new 10 man tent for the kids as our family Christmas present.

February 3, We'll be there. We got a new 10 man tent for the kids as our family Christmas present.
10 man, which really means 5 or 6 unless you want to sleep cheek to cheek (both cheeks :eek:) with the only gear being sleeping bags...yeah right!

February 3rd, sounds great. I am glad it is not February 10th, because I another obligation on that day. I look forward to more details being posted about this since we did not make the big get-together in November, due to work schedule conflicts.

Well, great! I'll be putting out more info next week.

More info: Saturday, Feb 3. Haus Amelang. Let's say 10:30a to whenever open house. We'll provide a brunch about 11:30a and dinner about 6:00-ish. Donations to help with grocery expenses are appreciated but not required.

Anyone traveling more than the couple of hours that would make this a nice day trip (Houston, Austin, Waco) might want to come down Friday or leave Sunday or both. You can camp on our property or I can give you the names of some local hotels. We probably won't be available Friday night for much other than to help campers get settled, but could possibly do another brunch on Sunday if anyone stays over Saturday night.

Please contact me via PM and let me know if you're definitely planning to attend and your ETA and ETD for meal planning purposes, and I'll provide address and directions at that time.

If you are thinking about joining us next weekend and we are not already communicating via PM re timing, directions, hotels, or whatever, please PM me and let me know you're coming. We'll be buying groceries soon and need a head count for each meal.

Well, Texas Hootenanny Day is now in the record books! Good company, good food, good times. And the good news is, THD2: Son of Hootenanny is already on the books for March 24, this time in the ATX (that's Austin, Texas for non-locals) thanks to the hospitality of cnystrom & his lovely bride. Be there or be square!

Back