• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Thank You North Carolina

Ginny

Real Person
Female
I said this in person on the last day of the retreat but I feel compelled to say it again here on the forum...

It is a huge honor for me to be a part of this group.

For about fifteen years, we practiced plural marriage in a sort of isolation. During that time, our few encounters with other practicing families or just those who believed the truth of biblical plural marriage were...um...not positive.

Though Andrew and Nathan had been in touch via this forum and email for many years, we avoided Biblical Families retreats because...well...we didn't want to meet a bunch of weirdos. There. I said it. It's my truth. I own it.

But in January of 2014 we took a chance and attended our first retreat in Dallas.

It changed my life.

For the first time in fifteen years, I was able to worship freely - knowing everyone in the room knew that I was in a plural marriage (not just some single tag-along...). I met other normal, plural marriage-practicing families. And they were wonderful.

We prayed. We talked. We laughed.

For the past two and a half years, my experience of the retreats has gotten better and better. Feels very much like a family reunion.

Definitely felt that way in North Carolina.

Though we are still "newbies" ourselves, I sure did enjoy meeting the first timers and doing my best to make them as feel welcomed and comfortable as I did back in 2014.

To everyone who attended the North Carolina retreat: thank you. Thank you for showing up and worshipping and sharing your stories. Your fellowship feeds my soul like nothing else.

To those who have never attended a Biblical Families retreat: please come to one soon. It might change your life too.

So what are you sayin?... :cool:

Call me selfish, but if you absolutely HAD to have vehicle trouble, I am glad that it was on your way home. :)
I don't know how we would have survived if all y'all had been a day late.

Call me selfish, but if you absolutely HAD to have vehicle trouble, I am glad that it was on your way home. :)
I don't know how we would have survived if all y'all had been a day late.
Steve, I wouldn't call you selfish in any event, and I'm sure y'all would have been okay in God's hands if something happened to us, but I am 100% with you on being glad we didn't miss one second of the retreat!!

We had so much fun, saying hi to the friends we knew and to the friends we just met!
This retreat was a time of laughter and joy, both in the worship and in the sharing of our love with the wonderful people there.
It was peaceful and enlightening, with much to learn from each other. We have a wonderful life as plurals with our marvelous husband Ron, a wonderful sister-wife Jan and me,
and we could not wait for this retreat to begin! We enjoy telling people how wonderful this lifestyle can be and love to encourage others within it. We were able to relax among friends
who also live it. We loved the meetings and learned much from each of the speakers. But most of all, we loved the one-on-one with several of the members.
Not all participants live this lifestyle, and they shared their love and love of the Lord. The worship of our God is most important to the success of this lifestyle, and that was shared by all.

Back