• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The best gift I’ve ever received

rustysdove11

Real Person
Female
Last year, for my birthday, my sister gave me the most amazing gift. It’s a book called “large family logistics” and it’s written by Kim Brenneman, a woman who homeschooled 9 children. Not only has it been the most incredibly humbling, and spiritually moving book I’ve read (aside from the Bible and a few others) it’s taught me how to organize my home and life. There isn’t a page in this book that doesn’t have scripture on it, Even when she’s explaining how to “tackle the laundry monster”. She talks a lot about being a godly wife and mother, and the lost art of homemaking that our generation has largely lost due to feminism. I’ve recently implemented her system and it’s made a mind blowing difference in our home and my attitude towards it. My husband hasn’t been able to stop raving about the house and the kids.

A few of my favorite quotes from this book:

“Home is where each lives for the other and all live for Christ”

“The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down.” -proverbs 14:1

“The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps”
-Proverbs 16:9

me too, this book really humbled and uplifted me. The first half is about being the wife and mother God has intended you to be. And the second half is all about how to organize your home so it’s clean, organized and run in a fashion that centers and glorifies God.

It is now on my wish list!

Thanks for the reccomendation! :)

Since you posted this, I’ve been looking for a copy! Thanks for the recommendation!

I have this book. Samuel bought it for me years ago. I started reading it but I was in such chaos that I couldn't even begin to implement the things she suggested, nor did I have much time to read the book. I need to try to read it again now and see if it will help.

Back